EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Gay Marriage and Homosexuality

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 9 2017 3:11 PM
What do you think of homosexuality? Should same-sex marriage be legal?
Do you see homosexuality as abnormal? Is homosexuality harmful to society in any way?

Is there a Gay gene? or is it social influence that leads to homosexuality?
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 9 2017 4:01 PM
Bi0Hazard: It is a sick perversion. They are all pedophiles and dung-eaters. They are predators who like to prey on children and are usually aggressive rapists. The Bible says in Romans 1 that they're reprobates incapable of being saved. The only way someone can become homosexual is if they reject God over and over again so God eventually gives them over to a reprobate mind.

The LGBT (Let God Burn Them) mafia and gay marriage is an attempt to make it seem normal when it is actually repulsive to the normal person.

Nobody is born that way. They will burn that way, though.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 9 2017 4:38 PM
Krazy: It is a sick perversion. They are all pedophiles and dung-eaters.
What if there was one homosexual that wasn't sexually attracted to children and did not eat dung? Just tell me how homosexuality and being a pedophile is logically synonymous and cannot possibly be separate.
The only way someone can become homosexual is if they reject God over and over again so God eventually gives them over to a reprobate mind.
In what way? I obviously couldn't give an example of a Christian homosexual, you would just say they truly reject God but they pretend like they are christian. It would also mean that some children unknowingly reject God over and over.

If you had a 14 year old son that you found out was homosexual, what would you do about it?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 9 2017 5:10 PM
Krazy: And I would assume you want the state to ban homosexuality, not just gay marriage.
admin
By admin | Feb 9 2017 8:47 PM
Bi0Hazard: Homosexuality is normal. Thousands of species of animals exhibit homosexuality, there's nothing biologically to suggest it's unnatural. It poses no threat to society. Gay people should have the same rights as non-gay people.

There is no gay gene, but I think there are epigenetic and environmental factors that influence human sexuality.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 8:09 AM
admin: I wouldn't say it is "normal". It is inconsistent with the sexes and reproduction.
Thousands of species of animals exhibit homosexuality, there's nothing biologically to suggest it's unnatural.
That is because sexuality is social based. However, it holds no capacity unless there is attraction to the opposite sex (reproductive purposes).
admin
By admin | Feb 10 2017 8:15 AM
Bi0Hazard: Animals have social capacity though. Sex is not about reproduction. Sex is an activity that sometimes just so happens to lead to reproduction but there is no evidence that reproductive intent is in any way correlated with sexual development. Nor can people change or choose their sexuality. Biologically there has never been a documented case of a species being less reproductively successful because some members of that species were gay.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 10 2017 8:20 AM
admin: I should add also that I doubt humans have anything to worry about in terms of our fertility.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 9:12 AM
admin: Yes, other animals do too. Biological sex is about reproduction. What I am saying is that homosexuality makes reproduction less desirable. I am sure they can be reproductively successful, but will a homosexual population still always choose to reproduce with the opposite sex? I guess they may, but I would think that homosexuality is a tendency to not have sexual activity with the opposite sex. As long as some of the members of a population are willing to reproduce, then they can likely survive, but homosexuality contradicts the nature of the two sexes procreating, so I do not see how it is "normal".
Of course you cannot choose your sexuality, but I believe it is based more on environmental and social factors.
admin
By admin | Feb 10 2017 12:37 PM
Bi0Hazard: If your assumption is that it's normal to have kids, then that's where I'd disagree with you. If your assumption is that it's normal for a species as a whole to procreate, homosexuality does not inhibit that in any way. In fact they're thriving. There's more to sex than procreation. Just ask anyone who's infertile.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 4:57 PM
admin: If your assumption is that it's normal to have kids, then that's where I'd disagree with you.
Reproduction is required for survival.
If your assumption is that it's normal for a species as a whole to procreate, homosexuality does not inhibit that in any way.
Being personally homosexual does. It is normal to be attracted to the opposite sex for sexual intercourse. Since two opposite sexes are required for reproduction, and there is biological factors there for it (like testosterone and estrogen), I say heterosexuality is the natural way, and homosexuality is the exception.
admin
By admin | Feb 10 2017 9:18 PM
Bi0Hazard: Yeah... sorry but I think the idea that anyone who for whatever reason doesn't have kids is being un-natural is both dangerous and wrong. Naturally tons of people don't have kids. And that's naturally ok as far as I'm concerned. It also has nothing to do with who you're attracted to.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 11 2017 6:53 AM
Bi0Hazard: If you read the Bible (like Genesis 19 and Judges 19), you'll see that every time the Bible talks about homosexuals, they're preying on people. They're predators. And the thing about them is that predators go after easy prey. They'll try to go for the easiest victim they can find. And nobody is easier than a young child. Homosexuals aren't reproducers, they're recruiters; so they have to recruit people. Children are fresh meat to them.

So here's how they are pedophiles: in Genesis 19, it says that there were both old and young sodomites. Where did the young ones come from? They're pedophiles. They messed with kids. Bunch of freaks.
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 11 2017 6:56 AM
admin: Thousands of species of animals exhibit homosexuality
Well, I already believed that sodomites were animals, so you're kind of just proving my point. "Well, animals do it." Yeah exactly.
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2017 7:47 AM
Krazy: It proves, though, that it is natural. It is part of the natural world, fact, period. Whether it is MORAL is another question.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 11 2017 8:35 AM
admin: Humans are meant to reproduce, which makes heterosexuality the norm and homosexuality the exception. I think with there being two different sexes needed to reproduce and the biology involved in it, that would demonstrate that homosexuality is indeed abnormal. Whether or not they should all reproduce is a different issue to me.
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 11 2017 8:51 AM
admin: What? It proves that they're animals. It is not natural for a man to desire to be in bed with another man. Or an infant, or a child, or another animal. That's sick.
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2017 9:44 AM
Bi0Hazard: No, if you're applying a psychological label to a sociological problem then you're defining normalcy by some dominant trait. It's like claiming disability or being non-white is abnormal. Again (and I was actually coincidentally having this discussion with a biology professor the other day lol), there is no biological reason why having gay members of a species causes that species to be any less successful.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2017 9:57 AM
Krazy: Human beings are also animals. Like that's what we are a type of biologically in terms of our kingdom.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 11 2017 4:32 PM
admin: No, if you're applying a psychological label to a sociological problem then you're defining normalcy by some dominant trait.
No, I am define normalcy by biological traits. There are two sexes, they need each other to reproduce. There is sex hormones. People hold the capacity to reproduce (unless you are infertile of course), they hold the capacity to be sexually attracted (which can stimulate them for sexual intercourse and so on) psychologically. This is all how it is, homosexuality is abnormal since instead of being sexually attracted to the opposite sex which is how it is supposed to be for sexual intercourse, they are attracted to the same sex, which cannot reproduce. This clearly goes against natural principles. I think of homosexuality as a social abnormality.
Again (and I was actually coincidentally having this discussion with a biology professor the other day lol), there is no biological reason why having gay members of a species causes that species to be any less successful.
I am mainly referring to it on an individual level rather than at the level of the entire species. However, reproduction is required for the species to survive, so that means there must be at least some willing to reproduce with the opposite sex.

I am not saying all humans should attempt to reproduce, I am simply saying that part of the normal biological function is sexual feelings toward the opposite sex.
Page: 12Most Recent