EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Gay Marriage and Homosexuality

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2017 5:25 PM
Bi0Hazard: Again, that's exactly like defining normalcy by the biological trait of having a white skin pigment or having a non-autistic brain. I problematize that because it's both not biologically sound (people with alternate traits are no less capable or valuable for us as a species) nor morally justified (because you're excluding a social group as abnormal cf any racist ever).
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 12 2017 11:03 AM
admin: No, its not. Saying homosexuality is abnormal by biological traits is nothing like saying being a non-white is abnormal. Sex, reproduction, and hormones serve a purpose. They are a prerequisite for any person to come into existence.
nor morally justified (because you're excluding a social group as abnormal cf any racist ever).
Sorry, I don't subscribe to political correctness altering my views. It isn't necessarily exclusion to say that someone is abnormal either. I hold to them being part of society and protecting their individual rights as well, but I do not believe homosexuality is normal.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2017 11:11 AM
Bi0Hazard: Sure it is, after all, "normal" is just the range of variation people are willing to accept or include.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 12 2017 2:46 PM
admin: Not biologically normal. It is entirely inconsistent with our biology.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2017 2:49 PM
Bi0Hazard: Our biology is not entirely about reproduction. There's more to life than procreation and the existence of every other biological system in your body is proof of that.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 12 2017 3:08 PM
admin: Not entirely, but it is still about reproduction.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2017 3:15 PM
Bi0Hazard: Again, by that logic any variant feature is enough for you to classify somebody as abnormal. Humans have eyes for a reason, blind people must be abnormal! That sort of talk makes me fear for democracy sometimes.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent