EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The bible is not OUTDATED.

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 16 2014 8:28 PM
nzlockie: Well, believe it or not, i don't have problems. It's up to you, as i have learned from the bible that every time i shared a things about in the bible don't to force them to believe.Let faith do his work. Christ is right when he say this things.

Matthew 19:11
But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:

And by the way, I will say that you are correct that the Bible teach us about God, and Christ is right too when he say this things.
John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Daniel Chapter 12 has a wider scope to be consider and its talking about our times. Now if you really want to know the specific verse about Computer in the bible, you also will astonished with it when you found out, that is why i considered that Bible speak of the Future, because God knew it long time ago. I will give you a clue......"the one who sees the future seen the technology of our time including computers"

Remember this Faith is the Key.

The Old Path
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 16 2014 11:17 PM
olive 2: Olive, the Bible doesn't mention computers.
I'm not waiting for you to tell me where it does and I'm not going to look for it because I know it doesn't exist.

When Christians take a verse out of context and try to make some tenuous link to a modern appliance or mathematical theorem, it serves exactly NO purpose and makes us look irrational and foolish.
You and I both believe the Bible is the truth, but believe me when I say that it doesn't need to reference every single thing to be true.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 17 2014 12:58 PM
olive 2: Aw, thanks Dex. :)
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 17 2014 9:33 PM
nzlockie: okay not a problem mate, don't wait, but still were friend, right?

I do understand your stand and believe :)
The Old Path
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 17 2014 9:57 PM
olive 2: Mate of course! Everyone's mates on Edeb8! Its the friendly friends site!
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 17 2014 10:12 PM
nzlockie: Its nice to hear that Mate! Now I have time to reply to what admin had been response. Its my REST DAY!
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 17 2014 11:02 PM
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 17 2014 11:54 PM
Now let us go to other things. You misunderstood me about Luke mate. but that's okay. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth and http://www.squarecircles.com/articles/joysastrip/joysastoryD1.htm look at this link the picture show that the city is in the hill. Sorry I just don't know how to put images to your websites.

I didn't say that Nazareth is a tribe and Luke is one of Israelites that have Land. You misunderstood me with this.

Luke is a Gentiles, a Greek and he might come from one of a Ancient Greek tribes,barbaric type meaning he knows about describing the land. He knows his Tribe Boundary Land, he might be came from Antioch. But those are uncertain. And since he is traveler man, not only to mention that he is also a physician. Meaning he travels a lot, from one place to another. Imagine lets say he came from Antioch if you just notice the old maps from Antioch to Jerusalem is not far from each other, and it is possible that while on a travel he saw Nazareth in a distant or might say visit it for a while because the possibility is that you might pass Nazareth when going to Jerusalem from Antioch. And when he and Paul going to and fro from a distant places like Galilee, Antioch,Syria, sorrounding places of Israel, there is a possibility that they saw this place. Luke certainly know about Nazareth rather than Josephus. If you believe with Josephus you will also believe that Nazareth never existed.

And i don't believe with Pliny or Aristotle that they were right in everything they said, of course not! I do believe with Luke that a town is located at the Hill. Period :)

Okay let's say or granting without accepting. That you all right and Luke is wrong when it comes to geography, does it affect to the believer, of course not because Man is prone to make mistakes. But I assure you that When it comes to Sound Doctrines Christ and his follower were never get Contradict to each other. Amen.

The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 17 2014 11:57 PM
nzlockie: A True Christian wouldn't dare to do take a verse out of context and put his own understanding. That is not allowed.
The Old Path
olive 2
nzlockie: A True Christian wouldn't dare to do take a verse out of context and put his own understanding. That is not allowed.
The Old Path
olive 2
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 18 2014 12:30 AM
Designer Michæl Paukner created this gorgeous, simple depiction of what ancient Hebrews believed the cosmos looked like, based on what they recorded in the Old Testament. I am so sorry when i get bit laugh when i found out this picture, sorry mate i didn't mean to :)

The designer is Mr Paukner and not David and Job and Isaiah as well.

The Ancient Israel will not do such things. Yes they believe of heaven, they can draw the heaven because they see it personally but still there is no drawings available that really came from Ancient Israel. And how can they draw the great deep of the earth when there is no way materially will saw it that day. like drawing the face of Christ when there is no actually seen the face of Christ. You might make a mistake if you dare draw the things that is not yet seen. But are you not wondering that there is no such drawings that really came from ancient Israel?

There is no such thing that Isaiah will say like the things we say in this present times about the earth. Because he actually not seen the Earth just as we did today. He write this things " the Circle of the Earth " but he really not sure what is that all about because in his time it still impossible materially to look the Earth outside.Isaiah will not dare to draw what mr spaukner did.

it seems like this. 1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

chuwg - use in hebrew meaning circle, circuit, compass, sphere.

The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 18 2014 12:43 AM
http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/gre13.htm . I read this article as you want me to do. i will reply for this one i am running out of time.

The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 18 2014 1:17 AM
But i Have to add this one.

Are Democritus' theories of atoms still relevant today?

Well, yes, sort of. Democritus had no instruments to extend the reach of his senses, so all of his experiments were just "mind experiments." The ancient Greeks gave humanity tremendous gifts despite only having their minds to work with. We humans tend to be skeptical and want proof before we believe in most things, so thousands of years passed before we could prove his theories. Also, being only "mind experiments," they really don't quantify or say much about the nature of matter. Their theories tended to be very general. So although he was correct that there was this thing that could not really be cut any further, he could not tell you all the things we know about atoms, like the mass, charge or what they were made of. ( http://education.jlab.org/qa/history_02.html )

Where does the word atom come from and who first used this word?

Around 2,500 years ago this Greek dude name Democritus was sitting around just thinking. He was thinking about cutting stuff up and came up with the idea that there must be a point where you could no longer cut something any smaller. He named the atom after the Greek word atomos, which means 'that which can't be split.' The cool part is that he was right. Well, 90% right.

We can split atoms, but if you split an atom it becomes something else. An atom is the smallest unit of a particular kind of material. For example if you cut a gold block into smaller and smaller pieces you would eventually be left with one gold atom. If you cut that atom into pieces you don't get smaller pieces of gold, you get protons, neutrons and electrons, which can be rearranged into something completely different.

Imagine how you would feel if you thought of an idea that took 2,400 years before it was proved right! Talk about being ahead of the times! There is a nuclear physics institute in Athens, Greece named after Democritus. Think about that, how it would feel to have people naming stuff after you thousands of years after you did your work!

I want you to analyze this word that i pick up to the sites after you say this things.

but only if you knew about atoms first could you reach that conclusion. If you did not believe atoms existed this passage wouldn't tell you that atoms existed,- Admin

and this is where I lose you. If you're saying there is America in a written work but America is not written in the work, you must be adding things to that written work.
- Admin

and i pick this up from the site i provided above

Imagine how you would feel if you thought of an idea that took 2,400 years before it was proved right! Talk about being ahead of the times! There is a nuclear physics institute in Athens, Greece named after Democritus. Think about that, how it would feel to have people naming stuff after you thousands of years after you did your work!

so all of his experiments were just "mind experiments.

Their theories tended to be very general. So although he was correct that there was this thing that could not really be cut any further, he could not tell you all the things we know about atoms, like the mass, charge or what they were made of.

We humans tend to be skeptical and want proof before we believe in most things, so thousands of years passed before we could prove his theories.

This is what i meant buddy partially.

The Word in the Bible that i provided about " Invisible things that are made are general " you are asking with my mind capacity. But if you ask God Mind capacity he will tell you greater things and some maybe you will not understand. Because if God will put all invisible things in the Bible one by one, You will not be ever read the Bible again.

About Atoms there is in the Bible like Demucritus believe, even the Chemical elements. But no word for word will be found. Hoping you understand me now. :)

The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 18 2014 1:18 AM
Pinkie: Your welcome Bek :)
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | May 18 2014 1:18 AM
Pinkie: Your welcome Bek :)
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 6:29 PM
I Just want to add this kind of LOgic

Is Christ will come with the computer already existed? If you say Yes, your conclusion is right. And the Logic is that there is a computer in the Bible because it speaks of our time. But that is not the specific answer of Computer, Satellite or modern Technology in the Bible. If we say there is Computer in the Bible, we are really sure there is, and you will astonished when you found out. The Key is to Believe the Power of the Word of God.
The Old Path
olive 2
By olive 2 | Jun 1 2014 6:34 PM
.......is more likely to refer to the fact that many people will look for detail about the end times.....

And yes that is right in the end times, people looking now for the detail of the end times event using computer. That is more specific to our times. I therefore conclude.
The Old Path
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 16 2014 2:08 PM
This thread, brings back memories.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Aug 16 2014 6:40 PM
Pinkie: That comment, stops it from locking without you having the last post...

I thought you might stop that now since you no longer have the last post in every locked thread?
Page: 123456Most Recent