EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favorite Music Genre

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 1 2015 6:30 PM
In all actuality, there's only one race: the human race.

Take for example, cows. There are white, black, and brown colored cows. Would anybody consider these cows different "races"?
Thumbs up from:
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 1 2015 7:01 PM
My favorite music genres are classical and rock.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Aug 2 2015 1:53 AM
Krazy: I understand that, but for scientific purposes you can't negate the existence of racial classifications.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 2 2015 2:42 AM
Blackflag: There's no such thing as race. There's melanin. Black people have more of it. White people have less.

The idea of "race" in reference to skin tones didn't exist before the 1800s. People used to associate race with nationality; such as the "english" race or the "assyrian" race. The idea of race in association with skin color came up after Darwin published his book about evolution, an inherently racist philosophy. Racism of skin tones existed before then, of course. But it was amplified after the philosophy of evolution was popularized.

Scientists agree that, biologically, there's only one blood.

If you disagree with this concept, would you like to have a debate about this?
genesis01
By genesis01 | Aug 27 2015 11:46 AM
Krazy: how is evolution racist?
admin
By admin | Aug 27 2015 12:02 PM
Krazy: Actually Darwin's second book specifically refuted the notion that there are multiple human races. In fact he spent the entire book proving it. Of course it wasn't definitively proven until melanin was discovered etc, but of all the early biologists, Darwin was probably the most in opposition to racism.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 27 2015 12:24 PM
genesis01: It teaches that blacks are lower than whites. If that's not what it teaches, then it certainly gives off that impression. In fact, there was an evolutionary textbook in the 1920s that was in some U.S. public schools that specifically taught that the highest race were the european caucasians, while the lowest race of homo sapiens were the blacks from a certain region of Africa. They probably don't have that textbook anymore, but it's interesting to note.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 27 2015 12:25 PM
admin: That's interesting. However, a lot of people have used evolution in support of racism.
genesis01
By genesis01 | Aug 27 2015 12:30 PM
Krazy: That was in the 1920s, when people also believes in gender roles like you do.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 27 2015 12:38 PM
genesis01: Lol. Would you like to have a debate on this? Not on gender roles. But the notion that morality changes?
genesis01
By genesis01 | Aug 27 2015 12:41 PM
Krazy: What don't you get through your head? I'm not debating something this simple.
Krazy
By Krazy | Aug 27 2015 12:44 PM
genesis01: So you don't want to debate it?
Page: 123Most Recent