EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Favorite Music Genre

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 29 2015 8:20 PM
Don't know if we ever asked this question, even with the Music Group.

My favorite genre by far is Nu Heavy Metal. I like Rob Zombie, Disturbed, Korn, ect. I've listened to about every Nu Metal band ever created.

Close seconds are post grunge and alternative melodic rock.
admin
By admin | Jul 29 2015 9:08 PM
Blackflag: Trailer and film music for me!

Sometimes a bit of classical, pop, rock, pop-rock etc.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 29 2015 9:11 PM
admin: Trailer and film music isn't a genre really. I've heard just about every genre play in different types of films.

Sometimes a bit of classical, pop, rock, pop-rock etc.
Eck, metal and alternative is much better
admin
By admin | Jul 29 2015 9:17 PM
Blackflag: That's like saying rock isn't a genre. There's certain themes that groups like Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine etc routinely integrate. And film music is similar, John Williams, Hans Zimmer etc, all have their own unique take, but you can usually distinguish a film score from another work. Of course some films do integrate other genres of music, but the medium doesn't define the genre. Some have called it "modern classical" which works to a big extent, except for instrumentalcore etc.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 29 2015 9:22 PM
admin: I'm pretty much saying that every genre in existence would be categorized under Film Music
admin
By admin | Jul 29 2015 9:28 PM
Blackflag: I realize that, and I was answering your point. To put what I was saying more briefly: not all film/trailer music is used in a film/trailer, and not all music in films meets the genre of film/trailer music.

Along with modern classical, I've also heard epic music being used before, though I find the name impossibly unsubstantive.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 29 2015 9:29 PM
admin: Epic music, as in powerful music, as in heavy metal or heavy rock?
admin
By admin | Jul 29 2015 10:42 PM
Blackflag: See, that's why I don't like that name. Sometimes it takes influence from heavy metal or rock, but "epic" generally is too general. Maybe an example would clarify.

Example of film/trailer genre music that takes influence from rock:

Example of metal music used in a film:

Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 4:40 AM
admin: Ugh, that's terrible metal, no please.

To me, these would be examples of "epic" music

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 4:44 AM
Actually, Alice in Chains is good, but all the traditional metal artists suck.

@Admin - I would challenge you to a Nu Metal vs whatever genre yours is debate
admin
By admin | Jul 30 2015 7:08 AM
Blackflag: How would such a debate work?
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 30 2015 7:11 AM
Blackflag: To my knowledge, neither of those was used in a major motion picture, disqualifying them from my example. I was trying to illustrate a very particular distinction.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 7:29 AM
admin: Just a normal debate
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 30 2015 8:06 AM
Reggae.
admin
By admin | Jul 30 2015 8:13 AM
Blackflag: Maybe a better way to phrase my query would have been "what exactly is the resolution?"
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 10:21 AM
nzlockie: That's pretty corny.

You are a white middle aged dude from New Zealand, and you aren't a stoner, so by societies rules, you aren't allowed to like reggae.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 10:22 AM
admin: That Nu Metal is better than Cinematic Theme
RXR.
By RXR. | Jul 30 2015 2:06 PM
Personal Favorites.

R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 30 2015 3:33 PM
admin: Actually one of them was, but to be fair I had to look it up after you made this post
admin
By admin | Jul 30 2015 3:36 PM
Blackflag: FYI, New Zealand has a huge reggae scene.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 123Most Recent