EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

False Rape Accusations

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Dec 22 2014 2:29 AM
Does Western society have a Pro-Feminist, Misandrist bias?
I say yes.

Why, you may ask? Well, take this case:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/nyregion/accusers-and-the-accused-crossing-paths-at-columbia.html?referrer=
They don't know whether or not he actually raped them. But that didn't stop everyone on the college campus from automatically rallying around his accusers and ostracizing him for a crime he may have or may not have committed.
Any woman can just claim that a certain man raped her. Even if the courts do not judge him to be guilty, society will. Seriously. It's that easy. Any man can be accused by any woman, and the man is presumed guilty until proven innocent. Granted, this is very rare, but when it does happen, men have no chance. Worthless people like Tawana Brawley are out there and they're very bold.
Frankly, I would gladly murder my accusers in revenge, but I'm getting off topic here.

Do you agree that society has a Pro-Feminist, Anti-Male bias, based off the fact that any woman can accuse any man of rape, and ruin his reputation forever?
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 3:18 AM
Dassault Papillon: The flipside of this is that men can also falsely accuse women of rape. This idea that men are big bad rapists and women are weak and subservient to the whims of men, espoused by the self-victimization of these women, is neither pro-feminist nor anti-male.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Dec 22 2014 3:40 AM
admin: When a man accuses a woman of rape, it just sounds ridiculous to most people.
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 3:42 AM
Dassault Papillon: In that case, as I said, most people must be anti-feminist and pro male.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Dec 22 2014 4:54 AM
Dassault Papillon: I think it's far more common for a rape to never get to conviction than for men to be falsely accused. Does it suck for false accusations to happen? Yes. Does it suck for women, for whatever reason, to be raped and the men not get charged/convicted? Yes.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 8:08 AM
I firmly agree with the OP. You have no idea how many men get falsely convicted of rape. The details of which are usually extremely blurry and not black and white.
I would rather have a man go free if he isn't proven guilty without a doubt, over the rapist (whether it be the man or not) getting convicted.

admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 8:53 AM
Blackflag: I hate how gendered this thread is. You can't claim men are being treated unfairly and then also claim men are always the victims of false accusations. It's like saying women are the only victims of legitimate rape.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 9:02 AM
admin: Gender is a fundamental part of this thread. It is not about women vs men, or men vs women. It is about how juries have a bias towards the female prosecution.

It's like saying women are the only victims of legitimate rape
Ha Ha. That's because it is true.
A man would have to be tied down and facing his so called "rapist."

More importantly, sex can only happen if he has an erection. Otherwise it is just some fat lady smothering him. We are not even getting started on the male rape myth.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 9:05 AM
admin: You're missing the whole point of the OP btw.
INAB is saying that by the moment someone is accused of rape, they are already guilty.

It is probably the most truthful OP INAB has wrote.
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 9:05 AM
Blackflag: An erection does not mean consent. Sex without consent is rape.
Not being tied down does not mean consent. Sex without consent is rape.
Just because your "partner" is not fat does not mean consent. Sex without consent is rape.
Just because you're not facing your "partner" does not mean consent. Sex without consent is rape.
You get the picture. Gender is irrelevant.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 9:06 AM
As a minor concession, many men are raped by other men. For a female to rape a man. LOL!
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 9:07 AM
Blackflag: Pro's problems: the bias he mentioned is not what he identified because it's anti-feminist, not pro-feminist.

And also, he's demonstrating an even worse bias. Rape, especially male rape, is massively under-reported and IMO a far more serious problem.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 9:08 AM
Blackflag: That's not lol. This kind of comment is precisely why it's so under-reported.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 9:08 AM
An erection does not mean consent. Sex without consent is rape.
Tell me how sex can happen without an erection. A flabby piece of sponge and cartilage?
No, male rape by females is a myth. It is not realistic, and nearly impossible.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 9:09 AM
admin: Male rape can happen, but not in a famle vs male scenario. Where your case falls apart.
Come on admin, you are sounding ridiculous right now. I think your statements support the OP anyways.
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 9:12 AM
Blackflag: No it's not a myth. It can and does happen any time when a women has sex with a man without his consent. As an obvious example, date rape drugs are just as effective on men as women and prevent people from giving consent.

Even IF the man has an erection that does not mean he wants to have sex with a specific woman.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 9:14 AM
Blackflag: No, it's not ridiculous, and simply saying that is not a strong argument. Unlike me, who's actually defended his position.

I mean, seriously, do you think that just because a woman enjoys the sex it can't be rape? Everybody likes sex dude. Not everybody wants to have sex with everybody else though, and being violated like that is incredibly traumatizing.

The narrative that men cannot be overpowered by girls is not some feminist drivel, it's anti-male.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 11:13 AM
admin: And how can you not control an erection? Can you give me some statistics for female on male rape.
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 11:29 AM
Blackflag: Well, hate to point it out, but I just gave an example of a time when you can't control an erection - when under the influence of a drug. Then the drug controls it. Some men also have more control than others. Any man who's ever had an erection at an embarrassing time will agree. I used to get them at random moments in class, and I was a per. And the point is that just because you had an erection does not mean you wanted it.

No because male rape is underreported because people like you don't take it seriously. Most men who get raped are ashamed of that fact. I've also heard that in some jurisdictions (not here though) the crime itself is gendered, so when women do it to men it's sometimes called "sexual assault" (which carries a lesser penalty) even if there was no actual "assault" involved.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 11:39 AM
admin: I also should add, erections and arousal tend to be harder to control when you're under distress. The same goes for women. Hence why the myth that a woman must have wanted it if she orgasms or something is so dangerous.

This is definitely worth reading though some of the sex details are kinda graphic: http://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2014/08/19-men-share-stories-of-being-raped-by-a-woman-nsfw/
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent