EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Are you smarter than Al Qāeda?

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Mar 17 2014 3:19 PM
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 17 2014 3:29 PM
admin: Sorry for the weird formatting. Copied that straight out of the magazine and didn't quite come out right.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 17 2014 6:05 PM
admin: Wow, hard to do... I'm a huge nationalist and I cannot help but cringe at what my country does.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Khaos
By Khaos | Mar 18 2014 7:28 AM
admin: Isn't it saddening that Bo, Obama's dog, dines with the tax payers' money better food than that of 100 million Americans?
No, because 100 million Americans don't pay taxes.

I win!!!! Gimme the prize!
Can't beat my, can't beat my...Brooklyn Rage
I don't want to be a furry.
admin
By admin | Mar 18 2014 10:37 AM
Khaos: Five to go!
Let's revive the forums!
Citrakayah
By Citrakayah | Mar 18 2014 3:31 PM
admin: This depends. A buffalo can carry a great deal more than a Labrador, but Labradors are friendlier and smarter. I suppose a buffalo could trample someone, though.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 19 2014 4:07 AM
admin
By admin | Mar 19 2014 10:30 AM
Pinkie: Hmm... let me check my marking sheet here... I'll give that a B+. Decent effort.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 19 2014 10:31 AM
Pinkie: Still, your answers are less intelligent than Al Qaeda's questions, so you don't pass the test.
Let's revive the forums!
Khaos
By Khaos | Mar 20 2014 12:49 AM
What is a buffalo soldier, labrador, and Dicken award?
admin
By admin | Mar 20 2014 1:13 AM
Khaos: That moment when you realise Al Qaeda is speaking on a much higher level than you in a magazine they're aiming at the mass market - I actually had to look these up myself, but then again I'm not American so I guess I can be excused.

Buffalo soldiers were basically US soldiers who happened to be black in the civil war. Labrador is a breed of dog. Dickin Medals go to animals that do good in war. Several labradors have gotten the title. Al Qaeda is pointing out that black servicemen in the modern US army tend to get fewer medals than animals in the war.

By the way, I actually think I can refute all of these by claiming that Al Qaeda doesn't understand how statistics works, but I hate answering my own questions!
Let's revive the forums!
Khaos
By Khaos | Mar 20 2014 3:06 AM
admin: Oh, I'll get that secret prize...
Thanks, I have heard the term buffalo soldiers, but never knew what it meant, and in the context it was really confusing. I figured the it was dog and award for dog, but wouldn't have assumed the racist element. (true or otherwise)
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 3 2014 1:31 PM
admin: Aw com'n... Yo never said I had to put effort into it. Anyways, I did win.
admin
By admin | Apr 3 2014 1:32 PM
Pinkie:
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 3 2014 1:34 PM
admin: I still win the special prize.
admin
By admin | Apr 3 2014 1:35 PM
Pinkie: I'll be the judge of that. It is my test after all.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 3 2014 1:39 PM
admin: You said for the first one, I am the first one Lars.
admin
By admin | Apr 3 2014 1:45 PM
Pinkie: First one to complete the challenge successfully, not first to attempt the challenge.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 3 2014 2:00 PM
admin: So I do win? Yay!