EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

FIFA World Cup

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 30 2014 11:31 PM
Managed to watch most of the Germany Algeria game today and I have to say, I think the Germans were a bit lucky there. Algeria played themselves into some very good positions, especially in the first half.

Germany continue to look strong though. VERY interested to see the next games, Swiss - Argentina could be interesting and you'd have to say USA have all the makings of a team with nothing to lose!
admin
By admin | Jul 1 2014 12:04 AM
nzlockie: Saw the game too. I don't see it so much as Germany doing poorly as Algeria doing awesomely. Their goalie was particularly impressive.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 8 2014 1:32 PM
Germany-Argentina final I've been hoping for is looking likely. Yay! Epic game this morning, 7-1 to Germany! Very impressive.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 9 2014 7:05 AM
Argentina is going to kick some European @ss. I hate Europe and their soccer. America must take back the game one win at a time.
admin
By admin | Jul 11 2014 8:18 PM
Blackflag: As an aside, what's wrong with Europe?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 11 2014 8:23 PM
admin: It's just how humans work. For example, if New Zealand made it to the world cup, you would root for them, right? Additionally, if New Zealand was eliminated, and Australia was still in, you would probably root for them, correct? Same thing. Plus, we have to show up our old colonial masters in battle.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 11 2014 9:40 PM
Blackflag: Unless they're playing England, kiwis never root for Australia.

For the record, Germany should have this one. I'm picking 1-0.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 11 2014 9:56 PM
nzlockie: Argentina 3:2
admin
By admin | Jul 13 2014 10:18 AM
Woo hoo! I told y'all Germany would win it! :)
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 13 2014 10:24 AM
Germans take it out!

I'm going to say that I reckon they played the better tournament too. Argentina were frustrating for me in that final. They LOOKED better with crisper passes but the Germans just worked too hard. The Argentinians let them have way too much ball. Germany really deserved that win I think.

BTW - When are we going to finally acknowledge that a public presentation of 2nd place awards at an event the scale of the World Cup is just crazy?
They should do it at a press conference several hours after the event.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 19 2014 4:08 PM
admin: Are you allowed to say "damn" in forums?
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 19 2014 4:09 PM
Pinkie: Not that this has anything to do with this thread, I was just reading this and was curious as to if your profanity policy is lenient to certain words.
admin
By admin | Jul 19 2014 4:12 PM
Pinkie: Yeah, the profanity policy is pretty lenient. I try to be lenient with most policies in general if I can.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 19 2014 4:22 PM
admin: Cool. So what is the line between leniency and allowing everything to slide? I'm just curious, I'm not saying it's a crime or anything.
admin
By admin | Jul 19 2014 4:32 PM
Pinkie: My judgement is the line. Probably about f-word level and beyond is what I wouldn't allow.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jul 19 2014 4:34 PM
admin: That would make sense.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 19 2014 9:31 PM
Couldn't find anything soccer related to take the last post on this thread huh?
Page: 12Most Recent