By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 12:29 PM
A stickied thread where people can make public debate requests
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 12:31 PM
Reviving an old proposal from a site "whose name shall not be spoken"
A betting system where people can bet on debates
admin
By admin | Nov 26 2014 12:49 PM
Blackflag: I made one once. Wasn't really any interest in it though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Nov 26 2014 12:49 PM
Blackflag: Do we really need to sticky a thread for everything?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 1:07 PM
admin: Hmm, let's look back into it when we have more users.
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Nov 26 2014 1:08 PM
admin: yeah, that OTHER SITE would be more helpful with this addition due to the amount of debates on THAT website.
Master of awesomeness
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 1:08 PM
That we regret the depiction of protagonists in children's books and media as aesthetically superior
I don't regret the depiction of protagonists in children books and media as aesthetically superior. Debate won.
The resolution should say "should". It isn't debatable in its current form.

Request for a feature to fix this resolution
admin
By admin | Nov 26 2014 1:11 PM
Blackflag: Not a feature but I just changed the wording slightly to clarify.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 2:15 PM
Would be cool if we could start a debate with random settings. I think that would force me into more challenging debates.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 2:17 PM
I think quick debates should be randomly generated, with one condition. They really shouldn't have less than 5 rounds, and no 100-300 character debates. Anything else is plausible.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 28 2014 2:12 PM
The team leader should be able to remove people from their team. For obvious reasons.
admin
By admin | Nov 28 2014 3:53 PM
Blackflag: Oh yeah, I was totally going to add that but must have forgotten about it lol. Thanks for reminding me.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 28 2014 7:25 PM
I think quick debates should be randomly generated, with one condition. They really shouldn't have less than 5 rounds, and no 100-300 character debates. Anything else is plausible.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 9 2014 11:47 AM
An educator who I'm presuming lives out of the United States is trying to host a team video debate for her students. She was wondering if we could have a private debate option?
When asked, I said we didn't. Now I guess the hidden debate and hidden judging options would suffice, but I'm still making the request. There's also this thread I created, just so it doesn't get buried. http://www.edeb8.com/forum/EDEB8.com+Site/904/0/#post11225

admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 1:12 PM
Blackflag: If it's not live there's a rather obvious workaround: set it up as a text team debate and just post a youtube video in each text round. I even have a youtube button set up for that kind of thing.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 13 2014 5:19 PM
Blue header with blue grunge background as default site design. Discuss.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 13 2014 5:21 PM
There's also a green mock up because why not
JDSFDSFfsa
By JDSFDSFfsa | Dec 22 2014 5:03 AM
Currently, if no one votes on a debate, pro wins by default. However, this means that pro gets a bit of systematic bias. However, there's no such thing as a tied debate. So, I suggest having "unvoted debates" which do not count towards the debater's rankings/ratings.

Here's how I think it can be programmed (Obviously, in javascript and not BASIC :(

Dim votes1 as integer
Dim votes2 as integer
{CODE THAT MAKES THE VARIABLES EQUAL THE NUMBER OF VOTES FOR EACH DEBATER}
select case votes1
case < votes2
{CON WINS}
case > votes2
{PRO WINS}
case else
{UNVOTED DEBATE}
end select
JH1234L
admin
By admin | Dec 22 2014 7:49 AM
JDSFDSFfsa: Sounds like tied debates but by the name "unvoted debate" instead
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 22 2014 8:24 AM
admin: Are you sure tied debates do not happen in real life?
Page: 12345678910111213141516Most Recent