EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Does edeb8 need a second mod?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Oct 4 2016 5:00 PM
Originally I've been against it due to me being able to handle everything. The last few weeks have perhaps proven that I might not be able to keep that up forever.

If we did get another mod, how should we go about hiring one?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 5 2016 1:47 AM
admin: That depends. Are you looking for volunteers or for paid workers? (The word hire made me uncertain)
Famousdebater from DDO.
admin
By admin | Oct 5 2016 4:54 AM
Famousdebater: Probably just one person, whom I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket. Options are open though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 5 2016 6:12 AM
admin: What kind of moderator would they be? Would they have access to the site's coding or would they just be a moderator to help with reporting spam, running tournaments, solving disputes, etc.? If it's a role requiring a more advanced knowledge of site programming then you probably won't be able to find a user on the site to volunteer. But if it's just minor things that doesn't involve anything particularly complicated then I'm sure you could get a few members from the community to volunteer.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 5 2016 10:57 AM
admin: I don't think there are any other expert web developers here.
admin
By admin | Oct 5 2016 4:51 PM
Would anybody be particularly upset if I asked on DDO?
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 6 2016 3:43 AM
admin: No, but the people of DDO view edeb8 as a significantly inferior site and most people don't like to associate themselves with it.
Famousdebater from DDO.
admin
By admin | Oct 6 2016 6:00 AM
This ad goes for edeb8 people too:
http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/93838/
Let's revive the forums!
lannan13
By lannan13 | Oct 6 2016 6:20 AM
admin: I can help out. I have some expierence with modderating other sites before and I've been on DDO as well as Edeb8 for quite some time.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 6 2016 7:51 AM
admin: I can also help out. Here are the things from your ad that I have/can do:

> A very high level of maturity/responsibility
> Familiarity with real-life debating
> Familiarity with moderation
> Available throughout (at least) the whole of 2017
> At least SOME experience with online debating
Famousdebater from DDO.
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Oct 6 2016 8:26 AM
If I am made a moderator, I will make Edeb8 great again!!!
"I am not wise, I am a joker" - Floki
"A warrior does not show his heart until the axe reveals it." - Floki
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 6 2016 11:34 AM
I see this turning into an edeb8 election.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 6 2016 11:35 AM
ButterCatx: Oh, its Donald Trump running for edeb8 mod..............
Vaarka
By Vaarka | Oct 6 2016 2:28 PM
admin: If it's minor stuff, does that mean if a user insults me, I can't insult back?
*Blows bubble pipe*
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 6 2016 3:10 PM
Vaarka: What would be the point anyways? You will have to pledge to uphold to the edeb8 constitution(Terms and conditions) as an edeb8 politician(moderator).
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 6 2016 3:25 PM
admin: Are you sure that won't be knocked down for spam?
admin
By admin | Oct 6 2016 3:44 PM
Bi0Hazard: ... no because it's clearly not spam. Spam is unsolicited messages. AT BEST it's advertising.

It's non-commercial and in DDO's interest so I'd say I'm probably ok. I've been advertising the WODC for years, so I don't see why there'd be a problem now.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 6 2016 5:08 PM
admin: People may report "advertising and spam", that is what some think of it.
cooldudebro
By cooldudebro | Oct 6 2016 5:40 PM
I would be interested in becoming a mod for the site.
admin
By admin | Oct 6 2016 5:54 PM
Bi0Hazard: People have reported me for all sorts of junk before. A report doesn't make it true.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent