EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Travel ban

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Feb 6 2017 3:27 AM
What do you think of Trump's travel ban? Will it be perminatley stopped? Was it a good idea? Have your ideas changed about it since it was put into place and then suspended?
I'm probably the person next to you.
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Feb 7 2017 12:48 PM
Random Stranger: At first I thought it was sort of a good idea, seeing that the Paris attackers enter France as refugees, but now I realize that it doesn't work.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 7 2017 1:21 PM
Random Stranger: It makes no sense.
admin
By admin | Feb 7 2017 8:59 PM
Yeah I'm yet to meet anyone who can make sense of it
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Feb 8 2017 5:24 AM
admin: @Biohazard Why it to implement it, or how it works?
admin
By admin | Feb 8 2017 5:26 AM
Random Stranger: The former
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 8 2017 11:28 AM
Random Stranger: Why it is implemented. It doesn't make sense no matter what acceptable angle I look at it from.
Thumbs up from:
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 8 2017 3:21 PM
I support the rationale behind it. But I think there are better ways to protect the country than banning people you don't like. It's like other nations who ban Donald Trump from entering in. I mean, why do it?

If you want to protect the country, then expand gun liberties so that everybody is wearing a firearm in public. Then you'll see these shootings go down and be less frequent.
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Feb 9 2017 12:50 AM
Bi0Hazard: I would say that it could be acceptable if some terrorist organization was on a massive long-term terror spree, but other than that I would agree. I think a better method would be to keep the refugees in refugee camps, or just allow women and children into the country. As for people that came to the U.S. not as refugees, I'm not sure.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Feb 9 2017 6:51 AM
admin: I think the idea behind it wasn't that bad. I think Trump's choice of countries was questionable though. Countries with a reasonably high terrorist/danger threat could be banned.

Yeah I'm yet to meet anyone who can make sense of it
I don't see anybody saying that we should have let German's into our countries whilst we were at war with them from 1939-1945. Why would we let refugees from opposition countries in. It makes no sense.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 9 2017 9:37 AM
Random Stranger: It doesn't make sense from a security angle. It only plays into the hands of terrorists. Trump's choice of countries makes no sense either.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 9 2017 10:04 AM
Famousdebater: I think the idea behind it wasn't that bad.
The idea behind it is terrible. Prejudice against Muslims is never a good idea.
I don't see anybody saying that we should have let German's into our countries whilst we were at war with them from 1939-1945. Why would we let refugees from opposition countries in. It makes no sense.
That is 1940s, we are in the 21st century, not the same. The citizens of these countries turn out not to be a bunch of evil terrorists that hate the outer world. It is the political right that tries to make it seem that way.
admin
By admin | Feb 9 2017 11:43 AM
Famousdebater: You did let Germans into your country. Millions of them in fact, as they fled Nazi Germany. And then you used their knowledge to build an atomic bomb and win the war. Also they made spaceships and revolutionized your manufacturing sector.
Let's revive the forums!
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Feb 10 2017 12:41 AM
Bi0Hazard: The administration is saying that they chose those particular countries either because their government sponsors terrorism, or their background check system ins't reliable enough to believe that the other countries prevented terrorists from coming here.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 7:10 AM
Random Stranger: Despite the fact that no person has died from attacks by terrorists from the blocked countries in the U.S. since 2001.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/29/nations-hit-by-trump-travel-ban-have-produced-7-percent-of-muslim-terrorists-zero-fatalities/

The big problem is that this only plays into the hands of the terrorist rebel groups in the middle east, and weakens international relations.
It just makes no sense to me.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 7:14 AM
Random Stranger: There were injuries from terrorist attacks from some of the banned countries, but no deaths. The vast majority of attacks that led to deaths came from countries unaffected by the ban.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 10 2017 7:14 AM
Bi0Hazard: *Middle eastern countries unaffected by the ban
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Feb 10 2017 8:55 AM
Bi0Hazard: That is 1940s, we are in the 21st century, not the same. The citizens of these countries turn out not to be a bunch of evil terrorists that hate the outer world. It is the political right that tries to make it seem that way.

So you think that letting in Germans in WW2 would have been a good thing?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Feb 10 2017 8:57 AM
admin: You did let Germans into your country. Millions of them in fact, as they fled Nazi Germany. And then you used their knowledge to build an atomic bomb and win the war. Also they made spaceships and revolutionized your manufacturing sector.
Are you referring to the UK or the US?
Famousdebater from DDO.
admin
By admin | Feb 10 2017 9:01 AM
Famousdebater: US, although the UK did too. UK took them directly even. Behind almost every great American achievement of 1950-60s there was a German who immigrated 1930-40s.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent