EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Military Use of Heat Wave Effect

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 18 2015 12:57 PM
Heat waves are capable of distorting your vision, or at least to a degree. This is most evident on hot days, and in hot regions such as deserts.
So what if this were used by militaries on battlefields to impair the vision of the enemy?
Discuss.
admin
By admin | Apr 18 2015 1:49 PM
Dassault Papillon: I think they'd sooner fry their enemies than impair their vision.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 18 2015 4:34 PM
Dassault Papillon: Already exists, but without the smell of burning flesh and radiation poisoning.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 18 2015 4:43 PM
Blackflag: Elaborate, please. I don't quite understand what you mean.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Apr 18 2015 5:04 PM
Dassault Papillon: It means WTF is the point of sending mild heat waves at the eyes of our enemies when strobing technology already exists? In warfare, we have found it a lot more productive to drop a bomb from the sky than a pack of strobing bombs.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Apr 19 2015 12:55 AM
Blackflag: How about counterterrorism? You obviously can't go around flinging bombs like frisbees when you're trying to locate a few terrorists out of a large group of innocent civilians. It would inhibit the vision of everyone in the area except for the soldiers, who'd be wearing special gear to help them see.
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 20 2015 10:52 AM
Dassault Papillon: I think a good weapon that they could use is DNTNP which is like Marijuana but 1000 times stronger and in gas form. Just imagine shelling it at your enemies and they go from fierce fighters to stoned dudes who just want a bud to watch Netflix with.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th