EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Most liked post wins

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Oct 27 2014 1:01 PM
Basically, in each post you put a statement, and if you agree with that statement, you thumbs-up the post. Whoever can make the statement that has the broadest popular support wins.

It's a slight variation of an actual training exercise I used to do, where I would give the people I was coaching a topic - like, say, make prostitution illegal - and they had to try to find the statement that supports that which has the most popular support. So for EXTRA DIFFICULTY, find a random wikipedia page and make a post about it to try and maximize your thumbs up count.

I'll start: this was an awesome idea for a forum game.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 27 2014 2:52 PM
admin: This is a cool costume to buy my niece.

Thumbs up from:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 27 2014 2:53 PM
admin: The debate.org user base addicted me to the Club Penguin mini games.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Oct 30 2014 1:09 AM
Edeb8 is a cooler place to hang out than club penguin
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 30 2014 12:01 PM
Pinkie: Smite her, she mentioned DDO
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 30 2014 12:41 PM
admin: Totally.
Thumbs up from:
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 30 2014 1:41 PM
On Edeb8, when someone posts a reply to a previous post, you can click the name of the person their replying to and it will take to that specific post. This is cool and saves lots of quoting but is old news now and is boring.
BUT - if you just hover the mouse over the name, that previous post will highlight in a rather pleasing peach colour. You can check this by hovering over Admin's name in the post immediately above this one.

This might be old news as well, but I've never noticed it before and I thought it was pretty cool. Since my octopus post only got two likes, I thought I have a crack with this one...
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 30 2014 1:41 PM
And yes, I saw the incorrect "their". Sorry about that everyone.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 30 2014 2:12 PM
nzlockie: You just noticed this? Me too, but weeks before you.
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Oct 30 2014 3:04 PM
admin is too good at this game...
Thumbs up from:
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Nov 19 2014 2:22 AM
"Last Comment Wins" is a better game than this.
Thumbs up from:
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Nov 20 2014 11:16 AM
Beautiful looks do not make for a beautiful personality / ugly looks do not make for an ugly personality
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!