EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Rate this heading font

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 5:04 AM
Everyone - I'm going to be trialing some heading fonts. Said I'd do this a couple of months ago and never got around to it lol. Take a look at a heading and tell me what you think!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 5:22 AM
Note: you may need to refresh the page to see it
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 9:52 AM
admin: It looks better, but the size has always been my main concern. I don't like large + clunky headers, especially on debates.
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 10:06 AM
Blackflag: That's mostly because you like ridiculously long debate motions though. :P
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 10:33 AM
admin: Regardless, it looks ugly even in two words. I prefer small and neat, to large and clunky.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 10:35 AM
admin: The font itself is superior though. I would go with something like arial or georgia.
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 10:35 AM
Blackflag: Well - isn't being large the whole point of a heading? Large and bold have kind of always been what set headings apart.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 16 2014 11:03 AM
admin: It is twice the size that it should be. Probably 8 times larger than the text under the header.
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 11:33 AM
Blackflag: It's currently roughly 2.2 times the size of the text under the header, not 8 times the size. Halving the size would make it almost exactly the same size as the regular text.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 16 2014 11:38 AM
admin: I prefer Sans-serif fonts.
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 11:38 AM
admin: To clarify that though - if you exclude line height from text size an argument could be made that it's actually 3 times in real terms as opposed to 2.2. But it's still not anywhere close to 8 times.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Nov 16 2014 11:39 AM
nzlockie: I do intend to trial one. :)
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 16 2014 4:54 PM
admin: I like this one.
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Nov 19 2014 2:20 AM
it takes some getting used to.
Master of awesomeness
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 2:24 PM
New heading font. Refresh the page everybody!!!
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 9 2014 2:25 PM
A little tacky
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 2:27 PM
Blackflag: Man, just after you were pressuring me with wanting something lighter etc. ;)
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 9 2014 2:29 PM
admin: Smaller, simpler, and in bold. What about font 16 normal text?
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 2:32 PM
Blackflag: So do you want bold or normal lol?

Let's give this font a fair chance - I'll get a little bit more feedback on it first.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Dec 9 2014 3:44 PM
admin: Just want to bump this thread in case people wonder why headings look funny now
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent