EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Is this site dead

< Return to subforum
JackSprat
By JackSprat | Mar 14 2020 4:59 AM
Is it being maintained? It has been very slow, and I see very few new debates.
MaxChristie32
By MaxChristie32 | Mar 14 2020 7:53 AM
JackSprat: I've been thinking the same thing. There also doesn't seem to be any new activity on the forums.
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2020 4:36 PM
JackSprat: For about a year now I've been "maintaining" it although the code is very old. I've also been working on a newer version 2. That one is looking much quicker, more bug-free and better. But as one person, it's a lot of work to rebuild all the features of the site from scratch! I pretty much can only do it during my breaks.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2020 4:36 PM
MaxChristie32: See my answer to Jack. I wish there was a faster way I could work on things.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 14 2020 5:24 PM
Case in point, I just managed to crash my own server for like 10 minutes. :D
Let's revive the forums!
JV-Stalin
By JV-Stalin | Mar 23 2020 1:33 PM
admin: Man i miss the old days of ddo. Reading back on some debates, ug makes me sad. I kinda want something like that again
"He who stand on toilet is high on pot"- Confucius
JV-Stalin
By JV-Stalin | Mar 23 2020 1:33 PM
admin: I hope edeb8 or some 2.0 site can make a come back
"He who stand on toilet is high on pot"- Confucius
admin
By admin | Mar 23 2020 3:46 PM
JV-Stalin: Hear hear.
Let's revive the forums!
Gekk
By Gekk | Aug 7 2020 6:11 PM
admin: If you need help developing a new site, I am not sure how open you are to switching from PHP to Django or an alternative but as a developer I would be happy to help!