EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Deactivating accounts

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2014 2:42 PM
Several people have asked me how to deactivate accounts, to make that a feature etc. I need to ask everyone this - why? What is the possible point of such a feature, compared with just leaving the site? There's nothing stopping you leaving without deactivating your account, so why not do that? I don't mean to be rude to users who are genuinely asking for a new feature, I just fully fail to understand the purpose of it.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 11 2014 4:28 PM
admin: Well, there's always a emotional part of something. It makes you feel as if you'e turned away and will never come back. I mean, I don't want to leave, I love it here but there are those who do and need to have the emotional side of that removed.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2014 4:33 PM
Pinkie: But the site isn't going to go away. What you've done on the site isn't going away either. Nor would your ability to take actions on the site in future really be diminished. So I don't understand how the act of "deactivating" an account actually removes any emotional baggage.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 12 2014 3:29 AM
admin: I guess so, if it's hard. I don't really care ether way.
JV-Stalin
By JV-Stalin | Feb 12 2014 7:10 AM
I don't understand the whole deactivating thing either. Just never log back in.
"He who stand on toilet is high on pot"- Confucius
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 12 2014 7:18 AM
JV-Stalin: Well just don't do that with edeb8.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 12 2014 7:19 AM
JV-Stalin: I don't ether, I'm playing devil's advocate.