EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Debating is still fun, right?

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Nov 2 2015 12:37 PM
Just a reminder:

There's only two people on this site currently in a debate, and one of them is me.
There's a judgement-period debate that's been sitting there for like a week, with zero judgements.
There's nobody even taking an open challenge :(

What has happened? Have people become so caught up in pushing each other that we forgot why we're all here?

I want to release a feature rollout soon, and I hope people will use it... any suggestions on what I can do, just let me know.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 2 2015 12:42 PM
admin: I personally prefer the forums where you can argue and discuss things through short posts. My Stalingrad debate took me like 7 hours of work, something I really lack the time to go through again even though I do have some interesting topics I would like to debate.
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Nov 4 2015 12:28 PM
admin: Debating was never cool, though I still do it occasionaly because I am a mega nerd. I am not active mostly because I don't see many people actively doing things that I think will be fun, and I'm too lazy to think of fun thigns to do.
"I am not wise, I am a joker" - Floki
"A warrior does not show his heart until the axe reveals it." - Floki
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 4 2015 6:37 PM
I feel bad that my time here has mostly been reduced to lurking. My work situation changed rather significantly this year and as a result, I've had less time to invest in online debate.

I still enjoy a robust discussion and I like to challenge myself to argue a case in a debate style rather than a simple argument.

I agree, I'm not sure that debate was ever "cool" but I think it is still fun.
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Nov 4 2015 11:29 PM
admin: I simply can't gurantee the time unless the debate was going to be done in one hour. I despise the lengthy late responses of the Internet. In the real world a debate would not be several days but an hour or two at max. An argument would be finished in a few minutes between a competent person and an incompetent person because one knows the facts and the other doesn't. Also most real world debates have a clear cut winner because people wouldn't be able to keep researching the topic while the debate is happening. The Internet leaves a bad taste in my mouth in many respects.
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Nov 4 2015 11:32 PM
Bolshevik-: OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED!

I will take the forums as well. I'm here for the learning experience and the debates take too long.
admin
By admin | Nov 4 2015 11:34 PM
True Capitalist Acolyte: This is exactly why I'd love to have live debates integrated fully into the site at last.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Nov 4 2015 11:39 PM
admin: That sounds like a good idea. I like that a lot actually.
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Nov 5 2015 4:43 AM
admin: What would be fun would to get everyone who is active in even the slughtest form. Then have a GOP versus DNC team debate where every person pretends to be a certain candidate.
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Nov 5 2015 4:43 AM
ButterCatx: Also you wouldn't need to do any preperation and just kind of do the debate as it goes.
admin
By admin | Nov 5 2015 10:27 AM
ButterCatx: That would be kinda cool. Would you be keen on leading team GOP? Do it as a 3v3 debate and each side does the 3 leading candidates from their parties.
Let's revive the forums!
ColeTrain
By ColeTrain | Nov 5 2015 10:47 AM
admin: Trump, Carson, and Rubio... what a mix :P
"Man is not free unless government is limited" -- Ronald Reagan
Topics: http://tinyurl.com/oh9tm6u
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Nov 5 2015 11:10 AM
admin: Sure I would be Donald
2001bhu
By 2001bhu | Nov 5 2015 11:21 AM
ButterCatx: thus one?
ButterCatx
By ButterCatx | Nov 5 2015 10:11 PM
2001bhu: Yes
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Nov 27 2015 10:54 PM
admin: Debate is and always has been great fun. My problem personally is that I'm a) lazy b) busy c) I lurk too much.

Hopefully I'll be able to get over myself and come back and debate. I have a lovely negative I really need to run.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Nov 27 2015 10:55 PM
Pinkie: Haven't seen you around in ages :D
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Nov 27 2015 10:56 PM
admin: It's been too long, hasn't it? 😔
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Nov 29 2015 2:50 AM
Pinkie: Who are you?
True Capitalist Acolyte
By True Capitalist Acolyte | Nov 29 2015 2:52 AM
admin: I am doing a debate admin. I probably will stick to the 500 or 1,000 word limited debates. I have serious reservations about long winded debates that go on for days but I explained that already in this thread.
Page: 12Most Recent