EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Founding document

< Return to subforum
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Aug 1 2017 2:12 PM
Imagine the leaders of your imaginary fledgling country tasked you with writing the document that would set up the government's structure and what it can and can't do. How would your government work, and what freedoms would the people have/not have?
I'm probably the person next to you.
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Aug 21 2017 2:29 PM
Random Stranger: I would probably keep the general structure of the US Constitution, but would make some changes.

I would do away with the president as an office, but keep the secretaries of the executive branch. The Vice President would become the "Speaker of the Senate."

States would have the right to cite religion as reason for a law and display religious monuments, but not establish a formal state religion.

More specific phrasing on the 1st and 2nd amendment, specifying what religious freedom and free speech are and are not, and when a person has the right to bear arms.
I'm probably the person next to you.
admin
By admin | Oct 23 2017 2:09 AM
Random Stranger: I'd install myself as god-king, and everyone else beneath that known as "slaves."

Joking aside, I like democracy. I'd have a democratically elected senate, passing laws, with binding referenda also possible. I'd have an independent judiciary, with judges being appointed every so often by the senate. And the executive would be run by a system of committees, with members drawn from among all senators. At least that's my thinking right now ... I do change my mind on this sometimes.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!