EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Most famous person you've seen

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Mar 5 2014 6:04 PM
If you didn't just see them on a stage or on TV, say it here. Whether you spotted Barack Obama going shopping, George Cloony selling his soul or the Loch Ness monster under your bed, this is the thread to make us all jealous.

I haven't actually met that many famous people. Best I've got is autographs from some New Zealand media personalities. I collected them as a kid. Got messages to me from John Campbell, Kerre Woodham etc. And I beat Wynton Rufer in table tennis once.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 5 2014 6:40 PM
admin: Hey that's pretty cool! How did you end up playing Wynton Rufer at table tennis?

I've seen a few legit celebs but I don't really count thatas meeting them. I had all blacks Timu Tagaloa and Inga the Winger stay in my house for a long weekend once. I did quite a bit of work for Paul Holmes over the years too, but I kind of hate to call him a celebrity...
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 5 2014 6:43 PM
Probably the only guy I've met that I felt a little bit in awe of was one of my basketball heroes, Andrew Gaze. Only shook his hand and spoke to him for a few minutes.
admin
By admin | Mar 5 2014 6:56 PM
nzlockie: He came to a school dinner we had once, and he presented me with an award. After a bit he joined us over at our house and challenged me to a game of table tennis. I must have been about 16 then. He made up for it though by thrashing a few of my friends. Great guy to chat with though, we spoke German together to make everyone else anxious about what we were really talking about.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 5 2014 7:36 PM
I think he's pretty cool. I've seen him speak at a few events but I've never met him personally.
That's a cool story!
Skepticalone
By Skepticalone | Mar 8 2014 7:56 PM
I am not sure if anyone, except for a pool player, would know who any of these are. I met Allison Fisher when she was #1 in the world (got an autograph), Tom Rossman, aka, Dr. Cue- trick shot artist (another autograph), and Mike Massey (another autograph from a trick shot artist). I was lucky enough to play a challenge match against Mr. Massey, and won!
admin
By admin | Mar 9 2014 3:01 PM
Skepticalone: FYI, this is the person Skepticalone beat in pool:

Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 10 2014 7:34 AM
admin: Hey, the Oscars were just last week and when I was in Hollywood I saw them driving around in their vehicles, but other then that I haven't met any famous people that I can remember.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Khaos
By Khaos | Mar 12 2014 1:57 AM
Tony Hawk, back in the day when he was huge. (2004)
I was serving him at the burger joint I worked at in the Mall of America.
He was with his son and he was chill. He wasn't in disguise, nor did he seem to expect to be noticed.
Of course, someone had to point him out to me that it was him.
Can't beat my, can't beat my...Brooklyn Rage
I don't want to be a furry.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 12 2014 7:29 AM
Khaos: Haha, cause you didn't know Tony Hawk from other random dudes?
Khaos
By Khaos | Mar 12 2014 7:41 AM
Pinkie: I usually avoid eye contact in the first place, so that didn't help.
But, yeah, I didn't recognize him until someone else pointed it out. Like I said, he was chill. He didn't go "hey, I'm a celebrity, and I demand excellence!!".
He wore street clothes, and was involved with his son, he didn't care to make a scene.
Can't beat my, can't beat my...Brooklyn Rage
I don't want to be a furry.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 12 2014 7:49 AM
Khaos: I hate it when people flaunt themselves.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 12 2014 10:20 AM
Pinkie: Says the pink pony with the chainsaw who changes her name every five minutes and has to get the last comment every thread... :P
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 12 2014 10:29 AM
nzlockie: I hate it when people try to flaunt themselves.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 12 2014 10:42 AM
Pinkie: ;)
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 12 2014 10:59 AM
nzlockie: :P
Wylted
By Wylted | Mar 16 2014 8:50 PM
I met and talked to Dale Hynman once. I'm not sure if she counts as a celebrity.
Jonbonbon
By Jonbonbon | Mar 17 2014 9:48 AM
admin: I'm the prophet of Morgan Freeman. Does that count?
Romaniii
By Romaniii | Mar 17 2014 10:05 AM
Jonbonbon: PMF
To Lars, I apologize for accidentally reporting every single post before replying to it.
TheCP
By TheCP | Mar 17 2014 10:10 AM
I saw Tim Allen and Orlando Bloom in Toyko. A lot of stars end up on the streets of Tokyo surprisingly lol
http://www.conservativepolitico.org/
Page: 12Most Recent