EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

One-World Government

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Wylted
By Wylted | Feb 27 2017 5:28 AM
admin: Me too.,let the blue states split off. We can have sensible policies, while they let open borders and a welfare state destroy theirs. The problem is they will try to immigrate to red states and implement the exact same policies that destroyed them. Just like the third world countries destroyed by interventionist s are doing now to the western world
GuitarKirby
By GuitarKirby | Apr 3 2018 4:35 PM
Getting back to the original topic, I don't think that having the entire world under a single governing body would even DO much. Everywhere in the world, government is broken up more and more locally. This is why the USA, for example, has laws that govern at the city level, the county level, the state level, and the federal level. Adding a "global level" to government probably wouldn't do much, as whatever was covered at that point would be extremely vague and basic. The only thing I could see such a governing body enforce would be the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which is generally already enforced by UN member nations on some level.

Whether we should strive for it is hard to say. I think it's a question that might need revisiting should we ever make contact with intelligent life from anywhere other than Earth, since we would at that point NEED a governing body to represent ourselves to other civilizations a la Mass Effect or Star Trek.
Mharman
By Mharman | Apr 30 2018 1:48 PM
Bi0Hazard: Bad idea. Too much governmental power.
With Liberty and Justice for all!
Page: 12Most Recent