EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

One-World Government

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 20 2017 7:37 AM
What is your view on a government/state with worldwide jurisdiction? Instead of many sovereign states, there is one state that governs the world. The potential benefits to this are that everyone can be guaranteed human rights and protection under the law. Also, there would be no borders and war since those require separate sovereign states. At worst, there can be massive conflict.
There would be many downsides to this as well, but is one world-wide sovereign state a worthwhile goal?
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 20 2017 8:26 AM
Bi0Hazard: It is if you're the Antichrist and establishing the New World Order. I want many countries and many languages.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 20 2017 11:27 AM
Krazy: It is if you're the Antichrist and establishing the New World Order.
What if it wasn't for malicious purposes like that? I knew someone would probably respond with something like "a one-world government only rises with evil purposes".
I want many countries and many languages.
Why?
admin
By admin | Feb 20 2017 2:49 PM
Bi0Hazard: In general I'm universalist but don't believe in a one-world government. Keeping decisions relatively local helps preserve autonomy, along with other benefits.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 20 2017 4:38 PM
Bi0Hazard: Because the more globalized the world gets, the closer we are to the end times and it's a sign that the Antichrist is coming on the scene. When he comes, he'll unite make one government, one language, one monetary system. At first glance, that may seem like a good thing; but once you know what human nature is like and learn from history, you'll realize that it's a REALLY BAD idea.

Especially since the Antichrist is the most wicked person to ever walk the earth anyway.

What if it wasn't for malicious purposes like that?
It doesn't practically matter. It is for malicious purposes and that only.
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 20 2017 4:39 PM
Krazy: *unite and make*
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 6:59 AM
admin: What if the concept of locality is expanded worldwide and it would be an autonomous world state?
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 7:02 AM
Bi0Hazard: Earth is kinda big. If there were only 2 humans alive, maybe. But we have billions living in unique environments with unique concerns.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 7:36 AM
Krazy: Oh, like this:
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
-Revelation 13:7 KJV
Sounds like a worldwide ruler.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

-Revelation 13:16-17 KJV
This sounds like a national ID (an idea that is advocated by some people) but instead of a card or documents, it is a chip of some kind that is put in your hand or forehead that may verify your identity and legal privileges. In verse 17, it seems like this will be used to regulate financial transactions.

Maybe it is time for the new state, one with world-wide jurisdiction.

Hail the new world order!
Before you know it, we will have these in our hands (and heads :(

The government can now keep us safe since they can track us when in danger, regulate crime, and know our health.

So, I am assuming you envision something like that.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 7:48 AM
admin: What if the concept of "big" gets degraded and the world is seen as local in itself (even with an 8 billion population). People are kept together through a worldwide democratic system. It would be autonomous in itself.
You say you think we should keep decisions relatively local, but if that is true with an area like New Zealand, then why not the U.S., then Russia, then... United World.
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 8:03 AM
Bi0Hazard: To be frank, if anything I think the USA should be broken up. Same with Russia. Virtually all the internal tensions in those countries could be resolved that way. Only question is whether it is economically justifiable, which is a valid argument to an extent.

I guess I just don't foresee that something like democratic values will ever be universalized.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 8:06 AM
admin: Oh ok, I see. You want jurisdiction to be more localized. Why is that important? Is it because of the different interests and concerns across much of the smaller areas?
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 8:07 AM
Bi0Hazard: That's exactly the reason why.
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 8:11 AM
admin: Too bad, the U.S. empire rules the seas with its massive military power and troops across the world. There are 50 states, but the U.S. federal government rules them to an extent.
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 8:14 AM
Bi0Hazard: IMO that's not a good thing
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 8:15 AM
admin: Domination! Oppression! Power!
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 8:16 AM
Bi0Hazard: Are you just saying random words to attempt to get the last post?
Let's revive the forums!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 21 2017 8:18 AM
admin: No, what I said describes the U.S. empire, and possibly a one-world government.
admin
By admin | Feb 21 2017 8:19 AM
Bi0Hazard: Sure but you said it in reply to my post lol
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | Feb 21 2017 10:29 AM
Bi0Hazard: Thats it.
Page: 12Most Recent