EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Gun ownership as a defence against crime is a stupid idea.

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2014 1:24 AM
Not usually targeted, we just have to work in some dodgy situations. Evictions are the worst, followed by repos, domestic disputes, search warrant executions etc.
Most lockies in the USA carry at least two handguns at all times. NZ isn't bad, worst I've had is bats and dogs. You're usually working with cops and bailiffs so you normally hide behind them.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2014 1:33 AM
This was one of them, http://m.koco.com/news/tulsa-police-locksmith-killed-after-unlocking-car/-/17423340/22228640/-/3dnv4tz/-/index.html
I had met this guy several times. He was booked to attend my class just 2 weeks after this happened. Crazy.

The one was this one. http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justice/california-deputy-killed/
he had also attended one of my classes but I didn't know him as well as I'd only talked to him online.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 31 2014 9:19 AM
nzlockie: That's really sad.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 31 2014 9:19 AM
nzlockie: That's really sad.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2014 9:27 AM
Yeah it is. And look, I'm not saying this kind of thing can't happen everywhere. I'd put the guys who did this into the "mentally unstable" category and those people exist everywhere. All I'm saying is that with tighter gun control, there is statistically significantly less chance that these interactions result in death or serious harm.

The younger lockie carried a gun in his van although he didn't have it on him when he was shot. The other guy didn't ever carry a gun, but he literally had a policeman right behind him. The fact they had a gun didn't help either of them. This is what I mean when I say carrying guns as a DEFENCE is a silly idea. Guns are OFFENCE.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 31 2014 9:34 AM
nzlockie: I see what you are saying but I don't really agree. There are times when guns don't work in protecting you and there are times when they do. It's not ever going to be the same.
admin
By admin | Jan 31 2014 5:49 PM
Pinkie: Can you describe a situation where a gun would work as a defensive tool?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 31 2014 6:00 PM
admin: In war. Trololololol.

(Is it just me or is my new picture just black?)
admin
By admin | Jan 31 2014 6:14 PM
Pinkie: No, it's coming up as a saluting Rainbow to me.

Guns aren't used as a defensive tool in war either. They can be used to fight a defensive war, but they do so by inflicting casualties on the aggressor.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 31 2014 6:23 PM
admin: I guess our definitions of defense don't match.
Page: 12Most Recent