EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

If the death penalty is immoral.. ?

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 31 2015 6:28 PM
Krazy: Haha that IS what I was saying, but I don't mind. Im pretty busy ATM anyway.

I feel pretty comfortable that the Bible leans more towards principles of rehabilitation than retribution, as far as men's law is concerned.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 31 2015 7:05 PM
nzlockie: Lol. Alright lets do this.

So what are we doing? The death penalty from a biblical perspective and if the Bible supports it, or death penalty in general? It doesn't matter really. I'll beat you either way. But which method would you prefer?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 31 2015 7:24 PM
Krazy: Haha, I like your confidence!
OK let me draft something and I'll fire it through to you.
Feel free to suggest any changes.

This'll be fun. I feel like doing a debate on the death penalty is one of those "rite of passage" things that every debater has to do at some stage.
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 31 2015 8:03 PM
Krazy: I would like a citation of said collection of studies.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 31 2015 8:07 PM
nzlockie: Lol alright.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 31 2015 8:07 PM
Teaistooshort: What collection of studies?
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 31 2015 8:13 PM
Krazy: You said there were a lot of studies after nz said stats would disagree with you on the tipic of deterrence. I would like to be made aware of those studies.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 31 2015 8:26 PM
Teaistooshort: Oh, it wasn't a "collection". Just google "studies death penalty deter crime" and it will show studies from both sides of the argument. You get statistics that support both sides. It's just 3 seconds of googling. For example, if you google "study shows death penalty deters" then you get results on the first page such as "studies say death penalty deters crime" (washington post), "Tom Coburn: death penalty deters violent criminals" (politifact), "Studies show death penalty deters criminals" (stanford.edu). And that's just within the first page. And likewise, if you google something along the lines of "studies show that death penalty increases crime", then you will get studies that say that as a result.

The point is, there are so many contradicting studies out there that statistics don't even matter in the death penalty debate. Since you can get statistics that inevitably support both sides.
lannan13
By lannan13 | Jun 1 2015 1:53 AM
RXR.: I think you mean IS.

I think the Death Penalty is moral.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
Bossyburrito
By Bossyburrito | Jun 5 2015 12:45 AM
admin: So wonderfully sassy.
Page: 123Most Recent