EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Why are most black people democratic when..

< Return to subforum
RXR.
By RXR. | May 28 2015 11:17 PM
Why are most black people democratic when the democratic party supported slavery ? Isn't it suppose to be vice versa (Republican) ?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/160373/democrats-racially-diverse-republicans-mostly-white.aspx

If I was black, I would never support a party which had pro-slavery roots.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 29 2015 3:38 AM
RXR.: Lincoln died for the Black Community in 1912. Southern Republicans supported Segregation. I mean have you seen Humphrey?
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
admin
By admin | May 29 2015 5:20 AM
RXR.: Because in the wise words of My Little Pony, "my past is not my today."
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 29 2015 6:57 AM
admin: *Mind Blown*
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 7:30 AM
RXR.: I second what @admin said. My past is not my today. Most modern day republicans would of probably fell into the democrat categorization in the 1850's due to the Democratic base being primarily in the South.
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 29 2015 7:33 AM
Blackflag: They were one issue party though.
"Th
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 29 2015 7:36 AM
lannan13: No they weren't. The Democratic Party in the 1850's ran heavily on the issues of taxes, infrastructure, and agricultural interests. Many in south had felt their way of life had been dominated by the northern half of the country. Slavery was just the last straw in a long list of complaints confederates had.
RXR.
By RXR. | May 29 2015 10:35 AM
And to mention that democrats favored The Jim Crow Laws. While Republicans opposed it. The history of the Democratic party is a sad and bigoted one.

#demokkkrat
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015