EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Water is a human right

< Return to subforum
RXR.
By RXR. | May 18 2015 3:50 AM
I'm seeing a trend here, big name companies are trying to own every water source they can. For example, the ceo of Nestle has stated that ''Access to Public Water should not be a public right.'' Do you think water should be privatized by companies ?
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
Tejretics
By Tejretics | May 18 2015 4:15 AM
RXR.: No way. Water is, as you rightly say, a human right .
I'm attempting to be #1 Judge and #1 forum poster here.
RXR.
By RXR. | May 18 2015 12:13 PM
Tejretics: Say that to the Nestle Ceo.
R.I.P RXR
2015-2015
lannan13
By lannan13 | May 21 2015 1:28 AM
RXR.: Well I mean that the government should still maintain a part, but the private sector should be able to participate as well.
What is immoral for a individual to do is immoral for a government to do."- Rand Paul
"What fun is there in making sense?"- Discord
Defeat the Washington Machine, and Unleash the American Dream!
"Th
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | May 21 2015 6:38 AM
RXR.: You must've meant to say "Access to private water should not be a human right", right?
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | May 21 2015 6:51 AM
There's one problem with them purchasing water sources which are on Government land: the Government doesn't have a right to sell it.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 21 2015 10:32 AM
A think the UN should irrigate farmland in poorer areas around the globe. This would reduce bad farming practices and the rapid exhaustion of water supplies that leaves many nations in drought.
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 24 2015 8:23 PM
There could be some merit to privitazing.
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 24 2015 8:23 PM
edit: Privatizing
admin
By admin | May 24 2015 8:53 PM
Teaistooshort: Such as?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 24 2015 9:04 PM
admin: Interests would be protected. The waters purity would always be insured. That is a corparation would be protecting their supply.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 24 2015 9:45 PM
Teaistooshort: Lol, water is a resource that will always be in demand. Capitalists will guarantee the lowest water quality they are allowed to have because it is cheaper.
Teaistooshort
By Teaistooshort | May 24 2015 9:52 PM
Blackflag: That is not good business. Nor is it accurate. Are you suggesting they add some substance x to inflate their supply? I would not buy dirty water.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 25 2015 12:52 AM
Teaistooshort: So how are you going to drink..

My actual point was that water companies don't have to maximize quality on an item you are forced to buy anyways