EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Knowledge

< Return to subforum
Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Dec 16 2014 8:53 PM
What exactly knowledge is? I have been thinking a while ago. So what best fit the definition of the word knowledge?
As Albert Einstein said: 'Information is not knowledge'.
But the knowledge of definition goes like this: facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject. https://www.google.com/search?q=information+is+not+knowledge&oq=information+is+not+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3j69i62l2.7938j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=what+is+knowledge

I wish to hear something thoughts from you all.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 16 2014 10:02 PM
In reality knowledge is just a word to give meaning to a concept. Albert Einsteins interpretation doesn't make him more right than anyone else. Although I never really considered Albert Einstein to be that good of a philosopher, and he certainly tried.

For philosophical discourse I would always use the following definition, "A justified true belief"
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Dec 18 2014 3:24 AM
Blackflag: Can I just agree with this part here: why do people talk about Einstein as if the guy knew everything? Just because he thought something doesn't make him right.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Dec 18 2014 6:05 AM
admin: Absolutely agreed. He had some good scientific concepts, but I'm not even sure I agree with all of them. Beyond that, using Einstein to sound smart in philosophy and social science wont earn you any brownie points.
Thumbs up from: