EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Does God exist?

< Return to subforum
Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Dec 16 2014 3:41 PM
There have been innumerable number of debates of the Internet in which to prove God does/ does not exist. So what is your opinion on Edeb8?
admin
By admin | Dec 16 2014 3:46 PM
Unbelievable.Time: On the one hand I thought my case here was awesome: http://www.edeb8.com/debate/%5C%22God%5C%22+does+not+exist
On the other hand I prayed really hard one time, then God made me win this debate: http://www.edeb8.com/debate/Is+the+Christian+God+real%3F

So I guess it's fair to say we cover a broad spectrum of views here on edeb8 :D
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Dec 24 2014 2:35 PM
Unbelievable.Time: It all depends on definition. If God is a being with infinite attributes and essence, then God exists because the Universe exists, and the universe has infinite attributes and essence. If God, however, is the Christian God, then I am doubtful.
Thumbs up from:
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
admin
By admin | Dec 24 2014 3:01 PM
18Karl: the universe has infinite attributes

Why do you think that?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Dec 24 2014 4:08 PM
admin: As long as the universe exists, there will an unaccountable amount of attributes. Actually, infinite would be a overestimation. The universe is omnipresent was what I meant.
admin
By admin | Dec 24 2014 4:37 PM
18Karl: Infinite sure is a lot. There's a lot of paradoxes that happen with an infinite universe.

Why don't you believe in the multiverse theory?
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Dec 24 2014 4:59 PM
admin: I have thought about the multiverse, but it gives me headaches every time I do so. Not that I do not believe in it, I just don't want to think about it.
admin
By admin | Dec 24 2014 6:03 PM
18Karl: Your thinking does sound a lot like the views of my personal favorite philosopher lol.

Knowledge is infinite, the amount you can learn is finite, thus if you're trying to learn stuff you might as well not even bother.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Dec 24 2014 6:52 PM
admin: I am your favorite philosopher...dan..dan...dannnnnnn! I really do despise philosophy though. It is too abstract for many, and philosophy is dying, if it isn't already dead.