EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect

< Return to subforum
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Jul 25 2017 1:49 PM
The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards
DL
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2017 12:11 AM
Greatest I am: I disagree a bit. If you go to very Christian places like Mexico, the name Jesus is not uncommon.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 26 2017 12:13 AM
admin: The Greek equivalent of Jesus is Joshua, and English-speaking countries just so happened to have adopted more of those conventions.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | Jul 26 2017 3:22 PM
Greatest I am: I would say the opposite. Unlike Mohammed, who was merely a prophet, Jesus is the Son of God. Naming your kids Jesus can be seen as equating them to Jesus, something they don't deserve.
I'm probably the person next to you.
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Jul 30 2017 11:43 PM
admin:

I disagree a bit. If you go to very Christian places like Mexico, the name Jesus is not uncommon.

I agree that Spanish speakers do us Jesus more than most Christian nations of other languages. It is more of a linguistic blip than for respect I

The Greek equivalent of Jesus is Joshua, and English-speaking countries just so happened to have adopted more of those conventions.

To a very small extent for sure, but not anywhere near the respect levels that Muslims use for Mohammad.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
By Greatest I am | Jul 30 2017 11:46 PM
Random Stranger: I would say the opposite. Unlike Mohammed, who was merely a prophet, Jesus is the Son of God. Naming your kids Jesus can be seen as equating them to Jesus, something they don't deserve.

So I guess you do not think that those who do use the name Jesus do not deserve to. Oh well.

I call that discrimination without a just cause.

As to your Jesus is God view; impossible as God cannot die and Jesus did, sort of.

Regards
DL