EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Paul's strange conversion and illogical actions

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Anonymous
By Anonymous | Dec 23 2017 6:22 PM
dee-em: It is probably holy spirit. When Paul talks without knowing much about Jesus, He trusted God. What Paul was preaching was not his word but God's word.
Let's help the poor and the needy. Be voice for the voiceless and hope for hopeless
Trevor Jameus
By Trevor Jameus | Feb 2 2018 3:38 PM
I might add a few things. First of all, Paul in Galatians 2 explains that he DID submit his gospel to the apostles.

" Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along with me. 2 I went up because of a revelation and set before them (though privately before those who seemed influential) the gospel that I proclaim among the Gentiles, in order to make sure I was not running or had not run in vain.

He wanted to make sure it aligned with what the apostles were taught.

Second, his argument with Peter was not an affront to his position but to his doctrine. Peter was not living in the reality of the Gospel and Paul rightly calls him out on it. This was out of love for Peter and the truth of the Gospel.

Third, trying to refute Paul's writing by challenging where he got the information from is a textbook case of the genetic fallacy. Whether or not he spoke to the disciples or Mary, or Jesus himself, does nothing to say that his letters are false. If you have some logical inconsistencies or blatant errors in his theology that's another story. If not your argument fails.
Page: 12Most Recent