EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Is Islam a religion of peace?

< Return to subforum
Page: 1891011Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:20 AM
admin: That's the only mention of any interviews your source has, I read the whole thing. Note that the one people they never asked was Iranian Christians.
You said Christianity is the fastest growing religion in Iran, so what is the problem with them interviewing Muslims who converted over to Christianity. They would be the best judges, having lived in the majority muslim world, and the minority Christian world.

The struggles are real. You cannot disregard the oppression and injustice committed to these people everyday, but you are really making an attempt to deny reality.

Watch this video, it has some good points about the actual situation

admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 12:22 AM
Blackflag: No they wouldn't because conversion is illegal for a muslim in the civil law, and in the constitution.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:23 AM
admin: First of all, banning conversion to Christianity is attempting to control the religion, and the people. That is both persecution and oppression.

And yes, Muslims do convert over to Christianity, in secret. Did you watch the video? The penalty for converting from Islam is death!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:25 AM
Seriously admin, come back to reality. Stop being a puppet.
admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 12:29 AM
Blackflag: I agree they do so in secret. I do not agree that the ban on this is extrajudicial.

The MAXIMUM penalty is death. It is not the only option judges have.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:37 AM
admin: Of course THAT isn't extrajudicial. You asked me to prove Iran has a policy of persecuting Christians, and right there I provided proof that Iranians have a policy of persecuting Christians.

Yes, but the Christian has to be reconverted back to Islam and renounce their faith for Jesus Christ, or else they will be killed, 100% of the time, by 100% of Iranian judiciaries.

admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 12:40 AM
Blackflag: No, it has a policy of persecuting ex-muslims.

That is not true. The only time such a case has happened in the past 2 decades, the person was freed on appeal. In a decision I disagree with mind you, since the rule of law was not followed on appeal, but rather the judges caved before international pressure.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:46 AM
admin: No, it has a policy of persecuting ex-muslims
... Which convert to Christianity and other religions

That is not true. The only time such a case has happened in the past 2 decades, the person was freed on appeal
No, that isn't true. It has been on the news numerous times of Iranian Muslims being executed and killed for leaving their faith.

Look it up, the court documents can't like the same way you can.

In a decision I disagree with mind you, since the rule of law was not followed on appeal, but rather the judges caved before international pressure
So you think the man should of been executed for converting from Islam? That's sick!

I think the real offense was that Iran hadn't caved into international pressure sooner.
admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 12:52 AM
Blackflag: It has been on the news numerous times of Iranian Muslims being executed and killed for leaving their faith.
Name one other than Youcef Nadarkhani (who was the person whose conviction was overturned on appeal, and is now free).

So you think the man should of been executed for converting from Islam?
No, I disagree with the law, but this law was put in place by an elected body. Not by a cleric.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 12:57 AM
Name one other than Youcef Nadarkhani (who was the person whose conviction was overturned on appeal, and is now free).
Well there have been 4 executions within the past 25 years, and there are currently over 20 people on death row for apostasy in Iran.

That is the truth, not the bullshit you are spewing.

No, I disagree with the law, but this law was put in place by an elected body. Not by a cleric.
But you will passively support injustice on the principal that it was democratic?
admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 1:00 AM
Blackflag: Really? Please, name me these people who are on death row. Since you say you've seen the court records I'm sure you could tell me this.

I do not support this kind of law, no. All I'm saying is that it wasn't a judicial theocracy that caused it.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 1:04 AM
admin: Really? Please, name me these people who are on death row. Since you say you've seen the court records I'm sure you could tell me this.
We are not playing these games.

There are over 20 people on death row for apostasy in Iran. Look it up, stop being a mindless little toddler, and grow up. Stop allowing yourself to be brainwashed, because that just means you are weak and worthy of only pity.

I do not support this kind of law, no. All I'm saying is that it wasn't a judicial theocracy that caused it.
Liar.

You said, and I paraphrase, that Iran should of not freed that man for converting from Islam on the basis of Christianity.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 1 2015 1:05 AM
Blackflag: *on the basis of rule of law
admin
By admin | Sep 1 2015 1:11 AM
Blackflag: My google search:

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=20+people+%22on+death+row%22+for+apostasy+in+iran

As you can see, none of this stuff is relevant. Probably because the fact is wrong. Where are you getting this from?

Iran should of not freed that man for converting from Islam on the basis of Christianity
Iran should have, but not on appeal. If he was found guilty as a question of fact, and the law states that fact results in death, the court of appeals has no right to judicial activism on a point of law. Iran needs a law change, judicial activism is merely disorganized corruption.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 1234567891011Most Recent