EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Political Scenario

< Return to subforum
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jan 6 2015 12:02 PM
Imagine that somehow the Nazis take over Germany again through seemingly legitimate means (they have the laws against Nazis repealed first). Following this, would the immediate reaction of the European Union be to invade Germany?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 12:02 PM
Dassault Papillon: No
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 6 2015 1:45 PM
Dassault Papillon: No.
Thumbs up from:
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 6 2015 1:45 PM
That was an easy one!
Thumbs up from:
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jan 6 2015 3:17 PM
Blackflag: But it would've been the same group of people who tried to conquer Europe before. What guarantee would there be that they wouldn't try again?
admin
By admin | Jan 6 2015 3:19 PM
Dassault Papillon: What guarantee is there that the current government of Ireland won't try to conquer Europe? I mean, this is just a dumb question because you could say the same about ANY government.
Thumbs up from:
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 8:54 PM
Dassault Papillon: Give me a break, and try this one: IS has fallen. With the current trends in Syria, Russia decides randomly to send Russian troops to defend Assad's regime and to fight against the FSA and J. al-Nusra and all. The United States respond by sending troops to support the Southern Command in Syria. Saudi Arabia decides to break with the US and sends fund to J. al-Nusra and other Salafist groups. Assad recaptures Aleppo and secures Damascus, whilst Hezbollah takes control of Lebanon and brings the Lebanese Army into the war, taking much of the Southern Command's Front. What would be the reaction to that? Any thoughts?

"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 6 2015 9:00 PM
Dassault Papillon: HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHA no, many Nazi groups now have strayed far from the ideology of Mein Kampf. For example, the neo-Nazis who have support in Germany want to prosecute the Muslim community, when Hitler worked with the Muslim Community in Iraq and Syria to get rid the French. The neo-Nazi groups that we see today are not reactionary: if they were true Nazis, they would advocate for the restoration of the 1918 borders, and the unification of Austria and Germany. The only reason why Hitler invaded Europe then was to get rid of the shame of Versailles. There is no such Versailles which exists today. The European Union, however, is worrying. Maybe Greece might become the new Reich, gain all the power, and attempt to invade Europe. However, that hypothesis still holds no claim. I see EU (with the exception of Ukraine) as one of the most socially tranquil parts in the world.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 6 2015 10:55 PM
18Karl: If the United States learned anything from Iraq, it should of been not to create power vacuums in nations with extreme fundamentalism and violence.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 7 2015 11:08 AM
18Karl: Your nazi apologetics always give me a good laugh, Krit
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 7 2015 2:08 PM
Blackflag: I hate the Nazis? Just happened to be a Euroskeptic too?
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 7 2015 2:12 PM
Blackflag: The thing is, in my hypothetical scenario, they are supporting the "moderate" rebels