EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Code Cracking

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2014 6:56 PM
admin: I'm lol because I was actually going to do that exact thing, minus the bit shift because I thought that would be unfair for a first hit out.

Great minds huh?
admin
By admin | Mar 31 2014 10:47 PM
nzlockie: Hmmm... interesting number distribution I just noticed. This code is almost perfectly normalised: 33 even numbers, 32 odd.

0 ||||||
1 ||||||||||
2 ||||||||
3 ||||||
4 |||||
5 ||
6 |||||
7 ||||||||||||
8 |||||||||
9 ||
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 1 2014 3:22 AM
admin: No, it's not lol.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 1 2014 3:23 AM
nzlockie: Haha, nope I wrote it because non of your codes made any sense.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 1 2014 3:23 AM
nzlockie: Haha, nope I wrote it because non of your codes made any sense.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 1 2014 10:34 AM
OK feeling bad for making a encryption that requires a tool to decrypt, (excellent mathematicians aside) this new code is one that can be crypted and decrypted very quickly and without the use of tools at all.

Again, don't over think this one! The emphasis is not on the strength, more on the speed and ease at which the person sending the message can encrypt it.

TAKE WHISK I SACK OWN LAP CABBY G POKE POD FEW OR SWEEP HACK PORT MEEK SPEW GAPS

This code requires an encryption key to read it - the encryption key here is: WEAK BACKUP
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Apr 2 2014 5:31 AM
nzlockie: There wasn't a glitch in the code lol. Also admin is wrong in this case, I personally would not intentionally put in glitches. I can simply just use a more complex pattern. I will conjure up an extremely hard one this weekend that no one will be able to figure out(hopefully).
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
admin
By admin | Apr 2 2014 1:50 PM
nzlockie: Does your code start with "This is only..." by any chance? Cause if so it's been cracked. ;)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 2 2014 2:03 PM
admin: You're talking about the second one right? If so, then yes!
admin
By admin | Apr 2 2014 2:08 PM
nzlockie: Ofc. All but given up on the first one ;) that one's even beyond my level
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 2 2014 2:26 PM
admin: Nah don't give up - you were almost there! Maybe just went the wrong direction in one of your early moves...

If it helps, here are some tips to help eliminate some of the options:

1) The true text has been written Left to Right with no extra letters added.
2) The true text has been split into 4 letters a piece. Each number in the code text equals 4 letters in the true text.
3) You WILL want a calculator to decrypt this code. Probably some sort of programmer calculator.

here's the big give-it-away tip:

4) Technically, TECHNICALLY you could argue that there's an encryption key for this code. The reasons I haven't given it to you this time is that the encryption key I've used here is the most obvious one and will totally give the answer away! It would be the first one most people would try and is probably the ONLY one most people would try.
The encryption key here would be "36".
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 2 2014 2:29 PM
You're going to kick yourself.
admin
By admin | Apr 2 2014 2:40 PM
nzlockie: "Probably some sort of programmer calculator"
Grrr my calc's only a scientific!
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 2 2014 2:53 PM
admin: If you think you know what it is, there's a thousand online ones that will do it.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 2 2014 4:34 PM
Did anyone crack mine?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 2 2014 4:34 PM
Did anyone crack mine?
admin
By admin | Apr 2 2014 4:54 PM
Pinkie: I'm telling you, yours is too profane to post the cleartext.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 3 2014 2:17 AM
admin: Actually it's not.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 3 2014 4:46 PM
Pinkie: Finally cracked your code - and you are right. I totally agree.
Here's my reply to prove I understood it...

$! @^@@& *%$! #@#@

Phew! That took a while!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 4 2014 3:44 AM
nzlockie: That made no sense using my key.
Page: 123456Most Recent