EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Code Cracking

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 1:52 AM
This thread, I will be posting codes here. Those who have the ability to crack codes, should try it.

JGEIT-OANDR-RSUU-IMIOA-ODFR-NMTEO
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 2:17 AM
This was my coded reply: LZIP BAQMLWKZCWG
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 2:53 AM
Tophatdoc: Code #2:

TDRLO-HEEUN-EDVT-E8OI
"Don't respond to my posts. Don't read my debates. Don't read my messages. Thanks for reading this message. " A Quote from Tophatdoc
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 2:54 AM
admin: I will read this and respond to it when I get back home.
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 3:02 AM
admin: There is only two vowels; I can't crack this code. Unless I am reading it wrong.
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 3:08 AM
Tophatdoc: Typically, if a code has few vowels, there's a shift or substitution cipher involved :D (just a shift cipher in this case - substitution would be impossible with such a short message). There's another trick or two to this code but once you understand it's a shift cipher the rest will probably fall into place.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 3:09 AM
Tophatdoc: There's an 8 in this code. Hmm, I wonder what word that might be a part of?
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 6:51 PM
admin: Actually, looking back over this code, the most genius thing about it is that you spelled a word wrong. ;)
Let's revive the forums!
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 26 2014 10:08 PM
admin: In the second code or the first?
admin
By admin | Mar 26 2014 10:09 PM
Tophatdoc: Second. EDED8.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 30 2014 10:30 PM
I like code cracking too.

Tophat: I've decoded your message content but the exact method of encryption escapes me. Your second message follows a clear pattern, albeit with a spelling mistake, but the first one doesn't follow the same pattern. I know what the message is but I keep wondering if you've made a mistake with how you've laid it out?

Admin: Fsaj lyyvj lkvjy bvfss lwzbv fkpk
Wondering about the extra letter before the last word...

Here's my message for you both:

878022-1100174-573670-1007368-1278383-1669884-1427384-672257-811971-727432

Good luck!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 31 2014 9:11 AM
!*!$@^@%@@!#@$@ $ !%@@@! & @#@#!#

Couldn't figure any of those out. Made my own though.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Mar 31 2014 9:36 AM
Pinkie: Is it just a bunch of swear words?
Let's revive the forums!
Tophatdoc
By Tophatdoc | Mar 31 2014 11:35 AM
I wanted to wait of week before responding to see if anyone else had the answers.

I encrypted the codes differently lol. I had told admin I had no intention of making the codes too easy. There two different patterns. Yes, the second message did have a spelling error. It must of been the slip of fingers.

I was also able to crack admin's code. I will have to look at nzlockie's code.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2014 3:52 PM
Tophatdoc: Ok, I found a repeating pattern. There appears to be a little glitch though. I used the pattern to encrypt this message for you, but I included the glitch.

Code 1: ASEOT-RUUHR-NTSA-EORTE-SAIK-YEIME

There were a few possibilities but this one has to be the right one because there was only one exception. The exception occurs on the 6th letter of the message - which if my pattern is correct, is in the wrong place. If it really was a glitch, then you should see it when decrypting my message.

The second one was much simpler, but for completeness sake:

Code 2: XSWA-TOAS-HNSY-IEEX

admin
By admin | Mar 31 2014 6:39 PM
nzlockie: Adding glitches to codes is a pretty common way to make them hard to crack.

By the way, your number code is tough! I should be fixing these chat issues ... only thing I know for sure is that they're all not primes.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2014 6:46 PM
admin: Don't over think the number code! Its actually one of the easiest ones we've done so far... Although it always looks that way once you know it.

I will say this though, unless you're above average at maths, both parties will want a calculator to code and decode this message quickly. Armed with a calculator though, this will take seconds to code.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2014 6:50 PM
Pinkie: Is this for real? I'll work on it if it is, but I'll be grumpy if you've just hit random keys!
admin
By admin | Mar 31 2014 6:51 PM
nzlockie: I'm pretty good with maths usually, but honestly you know you're over-thinking it when you've converted all the numbers to binary and are bit-shifting the results to try to get a readable ascii message...
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 31 2014 6:54 PM
admin: Hahaha! This code is based on the kind of encryption I work with every day. Its a VERY basic version though.

I reckon you'll get it VERY soon.
Page: 123456Most Recent