EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Why does anyone still use DDO

< Return to subforum
Wylted
By Wylted | Aug 31 2020 4:12 AM
I just got the following message because I did not know how to post an argument

" OK here's a few tricks about DDO if you are interested"
* Compose ALL of your posts and arguments first in google docs. NO EXCEPTIONS, None. This way when finished all you need to do is a mere copy and paste.
* If DDO (debate dot org) does not take your argument(s)/ posts chances are pretty good it's because of your links, Long extended links especially, Remove them, Though it does take youtube links.
* A way for your opponent to view the links you"ve posted are two ways. 1. Tell the opponent to squash all the spaces together and then tell him/ her to shrink all the capital letters next to those spaces that were just taken away (yes it does matter especially for youtube links). 2. Simply use the title of the link. Such as" (now since I am emailing you, the link is going to disappear)
- The Coronavirus is Bible Prophecy (Completely Unexpected Claim!)
To better illustrate" Simply tell your opponent to copy and paste the title of the link into his/ her search engine (I use either google or yahoo) in this case it would be "The Coronavirus is Bible Prophecy (Completely Unexpected Claim!)" and wah lah it is almost always the very first link. Granted, this is NOT ALWAYS THE CASE especially if it"s generic. If this happens, numerous links will appear. In other words, check your titles before you post them!!! Now with the link here"s what"s happening" First tell the opponent to copy and paste the link into his/ her address bar. Then after each period and the question mark there"s going to be a space. The opponent is required to squash those spaces together. Then the capital "Y" and the capital "C" and the capital "V" are all required to be turned into small letters otherwise the link will---not---work. What I do is I post the link with the title and then leave it as is. Then if the opponent wishes to quibble and or bark about it, I can explain all the gory details as far as what he/ she needs to do.

I mean why bother in saying anything if the opponent already knows how to access the link and or if he/ she wishes to pay any attention to it in which case almost no one does to their automatic loss?
* DDO does not like a few bible verses. Try removing them if you have them and see what happens. DDO will take most though.
* DDO will not take any curse words. Even the word a$$. Spell that word like that or a different way.
* DDO hates lists. "the the the" repeated too many times could spell doom for your arguments/ posts.
* DDO does not like excessively large numbers such as 1 billion. Spell those words out.
There are more but I just cannot think of them at this moment.
Now I"m sure you"ve noticed by now that DDO after every single punctuation mark whether or not you like it, after each one of them, especially in a link, there is a space and then the next letter is capitalized. I have no reasoning in my little brain as to who thought this one up and decided to implement it, but whoever did, I mean WHY? Yep those links you might use will be broken apart.
* Should you decide to email someone here at DDO, all of that goes away and even thumbnails for youtube links will appear, that is IF someone accepts emailing, in which very precious few do.""

This is too much. I will finish that debate but the sillyness is incredible. please come back admin and be active. Take out all unneccesary features so the site is easier to mantain