EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Pets

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
admin
By admin | Apr 10 2014 8:44 PM
ADreamOfLiberty: It's a trust I think I lost long ago, unfortunately. Patting a dog feels a bit like if I were giving a human murderer a pat on the back or something. It's really weird.

Can't say I've read white fang, though I think I actually have it somewhere. But cat's aren't actually social animals by nature, they usually isolate themselves and keep to a territory, while dogs roam around in packs. Tommy would actually go out of his way to pick fights with cats, whereas most cats will only fight over territory.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Apr 10 2014 9:43 PM
admin: "Still I am the cat that walks by myself, and all ways are alike to me."

I totally get on with Dogs and Cats, but I think that even though Dogs can be really clever, intelligent and have cool and interesting personalities - I really dig that Cats are so independent. I find I naturally have a different relationship with a cat than I do with a dog. When a cat accepts you, it kind of means more because you know they're only there because they want to be. With dogs I think the love seems a bit more unconditional, and while that's definitely a good thing, I still dig that my cats still want to hang.

ADreamOfLiberty
By ADreamOfLiberty | Apr 11 2014 7:17 AM
nzlockie: The love is conditional with dogs too, I think they just like interacting more than cats and humans as social creatures naturally 'push their buttons.' Like admin says cats aren't nearly as social as dogs.

Dogs don't love us because there is something unspeakably awesome about our scent or body, it's how we act.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | May 9 2014 3:47 AM
Pets. -_-
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
Page: 12Most Recent