EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 22 2016 10:27 AM
In this, we can talk about anything. We can do discussions in this thread without going off topic.
I want to see how this works out.
The title is whatever you want it to be.
Just don't post anything violating the terms of use.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 23 2016 12:24 PM
Trying double tagging:
My Hands Are Yuge
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 23 2016 12:24 PM
Bi0Hazard: Great, it worked.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 23 2016 9:43 PM
Was the Treaty of Versailles too harsh?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 25 2016 1:28 PM
Famousdebater: Is it more harsh than the war?
If so, then I would say yes.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 26 2016 2:22 AM
Bi0Hazard: Well it basically stated that Germany had the sole blame for WW1 and some argue that this made Germans angry and boosted Hitler's campaign causing the rise of Hitler. Though some say that it's for other reasons.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 26 2016 2:23 AM
Famousdebater: I should probably clarify by stating that the article blaming Germany for WW1 was article 231, so this wasn't the only thing the treaty said.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 26 2016 8:35 AM
Famousdebater: Well it basically stated that Germany had the sole blame for WW1 and some argue that this made Germans angry and boosted Hitler's campaign causing the rise of Hitler.
If that is true, then I would say it was too harsh for the Germans to take.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 26 2016 4:52 PM
@Famousdebater
What is your reasoning on banning firearms?
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 28 2016 1:49 AM
Bi0Hazard: What is your reasoning on banning firearms?

Mainly the murder rate. There are graphs and accurate statistical data in regards to the murder rates (as well as the percentages of these murders being committed using firearms). And the countries with complete bans on guns have a significantly lower murder rate and there being virtually no deaths by guns. Also, in the same period of time that 150 school shootings have been committed in the US, only 1 school shooting has occurred in the UK (and nobody died in this one). If you think about the number of people that have died as a result of guns laws in the US compared to if there was a gun ban, and if you then think about the number of children that died as a result of gun laws in the US it becomes incredibly clear that guns are working as a net detriment to the US - and these are just two of the arguments that I use against guns (there's also accidents, suicides, prevention of disruption of gun culture, etc.).
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 28 2016 9:14 AM
Famousdebater: Do you personally dislike guns as well?
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 29 2016 3:05 AM
Bi0Hazard: What do you mean? My opinion on guns is that they should be banned from citizens because we cannot trust citizens to act with consideration to the law. I believe that people are bad, not guns. With that said, those bad people cannot commit those wrong acts if guns are not legal, so whilst I do not personally dislike guns I think that a gun ban is needed in order to stop bad people (which I do dislike).
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Sep 29 2016 7:06 AM
Famousdebater: What I mean is that, are you interested in guns?
Do you like them or dislike them?

I know it is different where I live, but there are people that like weapons and have a passion in guns and there are people too afraid to touch a gun.

You don't have to have a gun to like them, many kids get their dose through their video games.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Sep 29 2016 10:31 AM
Bi0Hazard: I'm pretty neutral in terms of that then. I don't particularly like or dislike them.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 1 2016 9:02 AM
Famousdebater: If you heard gun shots from a distance outside, what would your reaction be?
admin
By admin | Oct 1 2016 1:26 PM
Bi0Hazard: As a kid I lived near a police firing range. Sometimes we'd go walking quite close to there and I'd always be super, super scared whenever I heard a gun. I imagine my reaction as an adult would be even worse.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 1 2016 11:36 PM
Bi0Hazard: I'd be concerned since I live in scoundrel where guns are banned and I don't live near any hunters so it would almost certainly be a criminal.
Thumbs up from:
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Oct 1 2016 11:37 PM
Famousdebater: Sorry that autocorrected to scoundrel. It's supposed to say 'an area' not scoundrel.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 2 2016 4:46 AM
Famousdebater: Where I live, you hear gun shots out in the distance and its the norm. Hunters and just recreational shooters.
Now, if its in the city, then its police or criminals.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Oct 2 2016 4:48 AM
admin: You are one of those people too afraid to even touch a gun?
Fear of guns?
Page: 12Most Recent