EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Opinions that shock people

< Return to subforum
Page: 12347Most Recent
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 3:21 AM
What opinions do you hold that are shocking and generally believed by a small amount of people?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 3:54 AM
Famousdebater: What opinions do you hold that are shocking and generally believed by a small amount of people?

I'm against the War on Terror.
I support abortions in all cases regardless of the reason.
I support racial profiling.
I believe that guns should be banned from the public.
I don't believe that homework should be required in schools.
Transsexuals should use the toilets in correspondence with their gender from birth unless they have gone through complete surgical procedures to change to the opposite sex.
I believe that Islam is a religion of terror.
Thumbs up from:
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:09 AM
Deja vu. Okay, well here I go...

I believe in anarchism.

The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:16 AM
Famousdebater: I'm against the War on Terror.
I don't believe that homework should be required in schools.

Intelligent. Not shocking.

I support racial profiling.
I believe that guns should be banned from the public.
Transsexuals should use the toilets in correspondence with their gender from birth unless they have gone through complete surgical procedures to change to the opposite sex.
I believe that Islam is a religion of terror.

Stupid. Not shocking.

I support abortions in all cases regardless of the reason.

Slightly controversial.
Thumbs up from:
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 4:25 AM
Crow: Stupid. Not shocking.

It's a fact that Islam is a discriminatory, misogynistic and violent religion. The people (including myself) that believe that Islam is a religion of terror haven't just come up with that idea out of nowhere. They are non-Muslims that study Islamic texts and understand that it is ridiculous and completely inappropriate for so many people to be believing in. The only people that have read and studied these Islamic texts that deny this are the Muslims. So you're either a Muslim who is defending their religion (despite knowing what these texts say) or you're uneducated on what exactly the Quran promotes.
Thumbs up from:
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 4:27 AM
Crow: I believe in anarchism.

There seem to be a lot more people that believe in anarchism than there used to be. It's still controversial, but I have met a lot of anarchists lately.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:31 AM
Famousdebater: Most anarchists are scene kids, in it for the fashion and fake identity.

Not legitimate.

Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 4:32 AM
Crow: So why are you an anarchist?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:35 AM
Famousdebater: It's a fact that Islam is a discriminatory, misogynistic and violent religion.

No.

The people (including myself) that believe that Islam is a religion of terror haven't just come up with that idea out of nowhere.

Okay. So what is the evidence for the mass generalization being made?

They are non-Muslims that study Islamic texts and understand that it is ridiculous and completely inappropriate for so many people to be believing in.

And there are non-muslims that study Islamic texts and do not reach that conclusion.

What is your point.

So you're either a Muslim who is defending their religion (despite knowing what these texts say) or you're uneducated on what exactly the Quran promotes.

I am a simple man that lives among the largest population of Muslims in the United States.

Never experienced any violence, misogyny, or discrimination. Not saying it doesn't exist, but you cannot legitimately generalize the beliefs of all the religious.
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:36 AM
Famousdebater: For the ideology.

JoMomma
By JoMomma | Aug 11 2016 4:46 AM
Famousdebater: Famousdebater:
What opinions do you hold that are shocking and generally believed by a small amount of people?

1. That the God mentioned in Genesis 1 is not the same as the LORD god who is referred to beginning in Chapter 2:4.
2. That single moms aren't the cause of most of America's economic and social turmoil.
3. That the moral values of black inner city communities are more honest than the moral values of the mainstream population.
4. That Trump only ran as a Republican to try to usher votes for Hillary, by splitting the republican vote, as many Latinos would have voted for Cruz or more likely Rubio, which could have beaten Hillary in the general. Very few Latinos will chose Trump over Hillary, almost assuring her a victory.
5. That when the plan backfires and Hillary loses the general to Trump, civil unrest will cause Obama to call for executive orders to remain in power until the unrest is resolved. When Trump isn't sworn in on January 20th, Trump supporters will clash with domestic forces. Civil War is on the horizon.
6. That certain powers that be have planned this, and plan to take out all "undesirables" (rednecks and niggaz) by pitting them against each other when they should be on the same side.
Thumbs up from:
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 4:48 AM
JoMomma: That Trump only ran as a Republican to try to usher votes for Hillary,

So he was a plant for the Clintons all six times he ran since 1988?
JoMomma
By JoMomma | Aug 11 2016 4:52 AM
Crow: No, he was just clowning the other times, knowing he didn't have a chance. The circumstances in this election make it strategic.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 5:13 AM
Crow: I am not against Muslims. I am against Islam. I feel the need to establish that there is a difference since your post seems to imply that I have something against Muslims. I accept that most Muslims are good people and I know that most Muslims aren't misogynistic, discriminatory or violent but I know that it is a fact that the Quran directly promotes all 3 of these things.

Here are some quotes for some objective proof.

Violence [beheading]:

Quran 8.12: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels [with the message]: "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 47.4 Behead and slaughter the unbelievers; take others captive

Misogyny:

'Evil omen is in three things: The horse, the woman and the house.' (Bukhari)

The share of the male shall be twice that of a female . . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 311)

Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . (Sayyid Abul A'La Maududi, The Meaning of the Qur'an, vol. 1, p. 165)

Discrimination:

Quran 2:65 Allah transforms disobedient Jews into apes

9:29 Fight and subjugate the Jews and Christians

2:191-193 Fight and kill unbelievers until “religion is Allah’s,” i.e. Islamic law rules all societies

Here is the objective evidence. Do you agree now?
Famousdebater from DDO.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 11 2016 5:18 AM
Famousdebater: Lets see:
1. I don't subscribe to any political ideology while having an interest in political philosophy.
2. I believe society can be organized in several different ways and be sustained. Basically, people who subscribe to political ideologies like social democracy(welfare liberal) or anarchism usually believe that their advocated society is the utopia(most perfect, not necessarily perfect in all ways) of all the rest. I disagree that there is a utopia society of all the rest.
3. I don't believe Islam is a religion of terror.
4. I don't believe communism is evil.
5. I choose liberty over a police state(sacrificing liberty for security).
6. I believe politics(representative democracy) is stupid, pointless, and BS. Since it is about electing a ruler in a such organized process(like it is so important).
7. I am not brainwashed by statism(into thinking the state is what we need).
8. I refer to myself as secular but Christian(secular christian).
9. I accept Intelligent Design over Darwin.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 5:24 AM
JoMomma: That Trump only ran as a Republican to try to usher votes for Hillary

I'm not sure how much evidence there is to support that. Especially since the election seems pretty close as it is. It doesn't look like it's going to be a clear victory for Hillary. If he wants Hillary to win I think it'd be at this point that he'd actually do something to guarantee a victory for Hillary.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 5:26 AM
Bi0Hazard: I don't believe Islam is a religion of terror.

Please respond to the post above yours then.
Famousdebater from DDO.
JoMomma
By JoMomma | Aug 11 2016 5:34 AM
Famousdebater: Your post asked for OPINIONS that shock people. I gave mine. They require NO evidence because they are theories that could be wrong.

Trump tries all the time to lose support, in my opinion. The ironic thing is it actually wins him support, and this is another reason that I hold the opinion that I do.
Thumbs up from:
Famousdebater
By Famousdebater | Aug 11 2016 5:36 AM
JoMomma: Your post asked for OPINIONS that shock people. I gave mine. They require NO evidence because they are theories that could be wrong.

Yes. And I asked you to justify your opinion. You can't just have an opinion and then say you have that opinion because you pulled it out of thin air. You must have some reason for holding this belief and I'm asking for that.

Trump tries all the time to lose support, in my opinion.

Debatable ... but okay.
Famousdebater from DDO.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 11 2016 5:38 AM
Famousdebater: Here is the objective evidence. Do you agree now?

No. Religion is interpretative.

I don't accept the validity of much of the Catholic and Protestant bibles, and neither do a lot of other people. Beyond that, there are those who interpret text as literal and as figurative, but still view the legitimacy. The Quran is a better example, because there is no inner text saying it is god breathed.
Thumbs up from:
Page: 1234567Most Recent