EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Last Comment Wins.

< Return to subforum
Page: 156789101143Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 6:21 AM
nzlockie: Don't make comments like this. They can only be perceived as hostile.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 26 2014 6:31 AM
Blackflag: I actually was being very deliberate when wording that comment.
It was an observation, although my intent WAS to infer that often times Stalin can be a little childish with his comments.

It was not harsh, or overly critical, I'd consider it to be a gentle rebuke. Something I think is appropriate in this case.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 6:55 AM
nzlockie: No, it really isn't appropriate.
If Stalin is childish, it isn't your business.
If it becomes your business, PM him and resolve it there.

You likened Stalin to your 10 year old autistic niece. How is that an appropriate thing to say to someone.
Did you realize this is a troll thread?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 26 2014 8:38 AM
Blackflag: We disagree here I'm afraid.
I think one thing we CAN agree on is that if I were wanting to insult or be rude, I certainly could have done so in a much stronger manner. The fact that I didn't, coupled with the fact that it's not been my history to be rude or insulting on this site, should speak volumes and place my comment in context.

Calling someone out when they are repeatedly acting childish is not rude, it's appropriate. Admin has done it, Doc has done it, you've done it yourself - many times. RM is the latest example I can think of. You're even doing it right now, calling me out. It's what a community does. It's how we let eachother know what is appropriate and what's not.

I'm sure you know people with Autism - we all do. It can hardly be considered an insult, it's a very common medical condition that causes people to behave in a socially awkward way.
If I'm being unfair in assuming the level of your familiarity with Autistic 10 yr olds, then I'm sorry. Believe me when I say that Stalin is acting exactly like the ones I know.

If you thought that using Autism as some sort of measuring stick, (which I wasn't, I was using my niece*) is somehow politically incorrect, then again I'm sorry. It's not.
Assuming that I consider Autism a derogatory term is an insult.

* In the interests of clarity, here's what I happened. First I wrote, "... my socially awkward 10 yr old niece...". Then I reread it and decided that that came across badly for my niece, who I actually think is pretty cool. So to let you know that there was an actual medical condition that explains her social awkwardness, I changed it to "...autistic niece...".
Then I reread THAT and decided that given the extremes of the autistic spectrum, this might be being a little unfair to Stalin. So I changed it a final time to read, "... mildly autistic..."
Again, Autism is a very common and well publicised condition these days. I"ll concede that I may have been guilty of incorrectly assuming people's acceptance and familiarity with it.
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 26 2014 10:17 AM
nzlockie: ^^
Thumbs up from:
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 10:41 AM
nzlockie: Justifying rudeness is not in fashion
I'm not going to argue that what you did was wrong
Just take it to personal message next time.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 11:43 AM
Bolshevik-: I got your back man :D
admin
By admin | Nov 26 2014 12:00 PM
nzlockie: I tend to agree with this. I feel like I could write a program that says significantly more interesting things than some of the comments on this site.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 26 2014 12:23 PM
I didn't really take Nzlockie's comments seriously, I'm just writing these things to annoy people. If my comments sound childish then I don't especially care since like Priest said, this is a troll thread.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 26 2014 12:26 PM
Bolshevik-: this is a troll thread
Case in point
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Nov 26 2014 12:49 PM
haha lolz
Master of awesomeness
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 26 2014 4:09 PM
9spaceking: TOT^^
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 29 2014 12:40 PM
Bolshevik-: TOTO
admin
By admin | Nov 29 2014 1:19 PM
Bolshevik-: Content Policy
While we support free speech in the context of fair and open debate, the following content is strongly prohibited on EDEB8.com:
Content that you do not have the rights to post, such as copyrighted works you did not author
Any content not suitable for minors
Content that would be unlawful in the country of New Zealand
Malicious code designed to interfere or disrupt the site or its functionality in any way, especially code which causes our server to send automated "spam" messages, makes DOS attacks, or which causes our server to consume excessive resources or bandwidth beyond the scope of fair use
Any links to any such code or malware such as viruses or trojans
Content linking to or explaining how to create such malicious code, hacking, or any other illegal activity
Warez, pirated software, cracks or hacks for software, or any links to such materials
Anything obscene or threatening outside of the scope of reasonable public discourse
Content that is primarily for a purpose other than debating and/or for the participation in a healthy online community, such as posting large amount of data as a backup, or trolling others
Anything breaching the privacy of another in accordance with our privacy policy
Content designed to entice users into any external scheme that might appear fraudulent
Content advocating terrorism
Profane language
Content advocating or explaining loopholes in these terms and conditions
Content that may be strongly intimidating, legally defamatory and/or demonstrates bullying-type behaviour
Content that is not in understandable English (reason being that content in other languages is almost impossible to constantly translate and monitor)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 29 2014 2:38 PM
admin: Can we make a pass for this thread. It is a troll thread for Allah's sake.
admin
By admin | Nov 29 2014 2:46 PM
Blackflag: Nah.
Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 29 2014 2:50 PM
admin: What policy in particular were you referring too?
admin
By admin | Nov 29 2014 2:51 PM
Blackflag: All of the policies. This thread must comply with all of the terms of use.
Let's revive the forums!
9spaceking
By 9spaceking | Nov 30 2014 6:41 AM
win.
Master of awesomeness
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Nov 30 2014 12:22 PM
9spaceking: win
Page: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243Most Recent