EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Flappy Bird

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 16 2014 7:44 PM
This thread would have happened sooner or later.

What do you think? Scores? Hate the game but can't stop?
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Feb 16 2014 11:28 PM
Pinkie: Never played. I feel like I'm missing out on something.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 1:22 AM
admin: Lol, just a popular craze.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 5:15 PM
Yeah my facebook wall got bombarded with flappy bird stuff for a few days last week. I'm not really interested either. One of my mates said she'd played for several hours and finally got a high score of 24. Any game that gives a high score of 24 points is pretty lame in my opinion.

My mate who got the highest score got 165. I have no idea if that is good or not.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 5:23 PM
nzlockie: It's amazing. I'm on 11 and I played 2 or 3 hours.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 5:25 PM
Pinkie: wow, sounds like it's quite hard. She was pretty excited when she got to 24.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the developer has pulled it now right? So you can't download it anymore?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 5:27 PM
Not sure if this will work...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152561889208368&set=a.96106903367.107492.620313367&type=1&theater
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 5:28 PM
nzlockie: You can play it online. http://flappybird.io/
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 5:32 PM
I'm having more fun trying to keep up with your postings but it's getting late I need to go back to my hotel.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 5:47 PM
nzlockie: What time? It's 10:43.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 5:52 PM
5:50pm Tuesday.

It's not late late, it's just late to still be at work. I'm all finished in Melbourne now and I have an early flight to Perth tomorrow morning. I'm going straight home to NZ from Perth so I'm just trying to tie up lose ends here before I go.

mostly tying up lose ends seems to be keeping up with your posts on edeb8!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 5:54 PM
nzlockie: Why do you travel so much?

My computer is being so slow.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 6:29 PM
Pinkie: I teach locksmithing and kiwis are too smart, they know it all already. Obviously I spend the most time in Aussie and the US since those guys are a little slower. It's ok, I use lots of pictures.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 6:53 PM
nzlockie: Did you start the business?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 7:18 PM
Pinkie:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 7:24 PM
Blank?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 7:28 PM
That was weird. I started HB Auto, yeah. The teaching just kind of happened over time until it got to the stage where now its my main gig. I don't really enjoy travelling so much so I'm looking to change things up again soon.
Consulting is cool and it pays really well, especially US contracts, so I might start doing that a bit more.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 7:29 PM
What do YOU want to do when you finish school?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 17 2014 7:39 PM
nzlockie: Cool! :D It sounds like a big thing. US people are idiots. (No offense)

I really don't know. I kinda want to go to college but I'll have to be putting myself through it and that would take a while. I haven't really found something I'm passionate about. I might just settle down.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 17 2014 8:04 PM
No offence taken here! I tell them they're idiots too.
Nice but a little dim.

Mate it's a cool time of life you're in, take your time choosing. But I'd say, if you're going to go to college you should go already knowing what you are aiming to do with your degree. Heaps of my mates went and did some nothing degree which they've never used. It just puts them 4 years behind everyone else and several thousand dollars in debt. Not cool.

TV teaches me that there's quite a lot of expectation that american kids will go to college if they want to "succeed" - is that true? Would it generally be seen as a waste if a smart person didn't go to college?
Page: 123Most Recent