EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

2015 New Years Tournament

< Return to subforum
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 4 2015 1:21 PM
I like the idea of running tournaments on edeb8. The problem is that we are not consistent. If we want out tournaments to have consistent debaters and gain traction, we need to keep doing them as much as possible. Therefore I am proposing an Edeb8 New Years tournament. This will be a professional tournament. We need 6 debaters and 2-3 people on a chairman board (which will be responcible for hosting the New Years tournament every year).

Topics will be chosen by the board. The set-up will be Deux. The first round is elimination. The second round is elimination. The third round is finals. The debaters eliminated in the first and second round will compete for third place. Sign ups will be one month long . The Tournament will begin on Febuary 4th, or earlier depending on the notification and approval of all participating debaters. We will also need replacements for each team.

Please sign up in this thread.
Thumbs up from:
admin
By admin | Jan 4 2015 1:35 PM
Blackflag: I'll sign up.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Joepbr
By Joepbr | Jan 4 2015 1:55 PM
I guess I'll try this
Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Jan 4 2015 3:24 PM
Add me in.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Jan 4 2015 3:44 PM
Blackflag: I'll participate.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 4 2015 5:30 PM
OK, I'm in.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 5 2015 12:18 AM
Blackflag: wanna do
"Oi you! Yeah you! How many commies have you shot today"
admin
By admin | Jan 5 2015 12:24 AM
18Karl: This tournament can officially now begin lol.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 5 2015 12:43 AM
admin: yay! C:

Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Jan 5 2015 1:03 AM
Add more people. =D
admin
By admin | Jan 5 2015 1:08 AM
Unbelievable.Time: This format literally does not work with any number of people other than 6.
Let's revive the forums!
Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Jan 5 2015 1:26 AM
admin: Okay.
Unbelievable.Time
By Unbelievable.Time | Jan 5 2015 1:27 AM
Unbelievable.Time: I did not notice that.
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Jan 5 2015 5:44 AM
Blackflag: I guess I'll take up a position on the board for this one.
18Karl
By 18Karl | Jan 5 2015 6:44 AM
whiteflame: Yay!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 14 2015 8:29 PM
First debate finished. Hey we didn't hear what the story is with judging?
Would I be right in assuming we can't vote on eachother's debates?

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jan 15 2015 6:06 AM
nzlockie: Of course not. The debates were supposed to be finished by tomorrow (which is no longer realistic). Judging would then go to the 20th.
No I'm just making the debate more flexible. The second round of the tournament will begin whenever it is convenient again.