OFFICIAL BUG THREAD

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456713Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 25 2014 6:07 AM
admin: No, it was about 8 paragraphs.
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 6:08 AM
Blackflag: I know, but I was asking nzlockie. I believe he may have overwritten yours when he saved his draft as a test. But first I want to check the theory.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 25 2014 6:12 AM
admin: I wrote mine before nzlockie joined the official blue team
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 6:13 AM
Blackflag: My theory is that it saved fine, it just failed to LOAD properly.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Sep 25 2014 6:13 AM
admin: Why was that unnecessarily capitalized?
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 6:20 AM
Blackflag: I was pretty proud of (possibly) working that out. It was a great revelation to me. It deserved capitalization. :D
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 25 2014 7:44 AM
admin: Your quote is the current draft. As in, what's left of csareo's eight paragraphs and then the rest line I inserted.

It's not the extra text that I typed first though.
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 7:46 AM
nzlockie: So here's what gets me - in your initial bug report, I got the impression that nothing was saving.

Now you're saying it is saving - but only sometimes?
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 25 2014 8:02 AM
admin: This was what I wrote when the csareo effect happened to me:
Also, you'll be happy to know, I wrote a bunch of text in there and despite it saving, it disappeared a few hours later. You're not crazy, there some sort of bug in there...

This is what happens. The text saves, but then it is gone a few hours later.
That being said, that test text I wrote is still there this morning... So I don't know.

admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 8:10 AM
nzlockie: Kind of seems to imply ALL the text is gone a few hours later.

Currently it only saves a draft once every 60 seconds. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 25 2014 8:16 AM
admin: All of the text that I wrote was gone.

I left the page for a couple of minutes to ensure it saved. Then I left the page and logged back in a couple times over the next 15 minutes. The text was there each time. The next time I looked on was a few hours later. At THAT stage, the text had gone.
That's when I made the report.
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 5:50 PM
nzlockie: I've put up a possible fix. Please help me test it. :)
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 25 2014 6:37 PM
admin: No worries. What do you need?
admin
By admin | Sep 25 2014 6:41 PM
nzlockie: Write something. See if it stays.

After a few days I'm declaring this bug officially fixed.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Sep 25 2014 7:00 PM
admin: Done. For extra credit, I've left a message for csareo to alter the message as well, in case it's a team debate thing.
admin
By admin | Sep 27 2014 4:28 AM
Testing.

Also the bug is now declared officially fixed.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 5 2014 8:43 AM
Today I encountered a chat bug where a message will only send to one of two tabs, when two edeb8 tabs are opened. It has already been reported to the adminstrator, but it's probably for the best that this thread doesn't die out.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 5 2014 8:46 AM
Blackflag: This is a stickied thread, it doesn't need to be spammed to be kept alive...
admin
By admin | Oct 5 2014 8:46 AM
Blackflag: To be fair it will lock after 3 months of inactivity. But not 8 days. ;)
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 5 2014 8:48 AM
admin: Then you'd make a new one and sticky it and celebrate that you were 3 months bug free even if you got pmd the bug sin the middle of it.
Page: 12345678910111213Most Recent