EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Bad news guys

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | May 24 2014 8:55 PM
Seems like the web host I used for edeb8 has disappeared: http://techday.com/telco-review/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-247-hosting-nz/184984/

As such I will shortly be working to move the website to a new host. I am also making full daily backups of the edeb8 database. This process may mean that edeb8 goes offline on occasion. For the next few days, please ensure you keep local backups of debate arguments and such. I should be able to rescue this situation without too much issue on your side of things but it's worth warning you that if the site should suddenly go offline, I might have to revert the site database to something 24+ hours old, which might cause you to lose arguments you've made recently and such.

Sorry about this and I'll keep you all informed. Everything should work out fine though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 24 2014 11:12 PM
admin: Stink buzz, my site is with them too!
admin
By admin | May 26 2014 2:42 AM
Move should *fingers crossed* be completed successfully tomorrow. Then we're safe.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 26 2014 10:41 PM
admin: OK, apparently not. Yet another developer couldn't understand my code and neglected to tell me this until just now. Oh well, we'll try again tomorrow.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 29 2014 12:09 PM
admin: OK, I've finally been given an absolutely final time. Midnight next Monday NZT.
Let's revive the forums!