EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Civid

< Return to subforum
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2018 4:28 PM
Hey did we all get a message from @jonschory inviting us to join his new website?

Hey nzlockie!

My name is Jonathan Schory, and I have been following your writing and activity on edeb8.

There is no doubt you are a prominent user, with a following. Yet websites like these are becoming irrelevant as content remains dull, poor maintenance is a routine, more ads than original content are added and the website is slowly dying away.

I am leading a team of software engineers from Columbia University and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), with a goal of reviving online debaters, and bringing them back into the mainstream. We have created Civid.com, a website that is currently under stress tests and will be available to the public very soon. Check it out: https://vimeo.com/251033934 .

Now to my point. We are building a “Dream Team” of select individuals to be the pioneers of this platform, and to create a solid intellectual core.

We aim that by letting guys like you use the website before the public, you will be able to establish yourself as a prominent writer with a following, and once we launch and advertise our website, you will be one of the future leaders of the website.

If this interests you, you will join our ranks of other intellectual individuals who have shown an interest in the project (from Columbia University, RPI, Debate.org, Kialo, Quora and more…), and will receive a single E-mail in the near future, with an invitation for selected people, with an access password.

I truly believe that you can help us lead a new generation of online debaters.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your time,

Jonathan Schory

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2018 5:52 PM
nzlockie: Hey @admin apparently this was a legit message, and I wasn't supposed to publicly announce anything - much less repost the entire message.

Jon would appreciate it if you deleted this thread. And I don't mind either way.
As long as you note that he inferred that I am intellectual, not once, but TWICE. When did I ever get that kind of love from you?

admin
By admin | Jan 31 2018 6:12 PM
nzlockie: As per usual, my policy is to leave things up unless there's a good reason to take them down. Also, people can ask me directly if they want me to do something :)

Interesting that he considers edeb8 to have more ads than original content haha

If it wasn't for you I still probably wouldn't be able to get into my door. And this storm is pretty bad. So I owe you a lot of gratitude! Therefore, noted. I think you're a fantastic debater.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 31 2018 6:38 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Meanwhile it is still hot in hawkes bay.