EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

DDO is broken

< Return to subforum
Page: 1234Most Recent
dee-em
By dee-em | Jun 12 2017 12:11 PM
DDO is back but I think I will move here. This site is not quick but it seems clean and there is an active admin. Goodbye DDO.
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2017 2:00 PM
dee-em: Yeah, the speed is much worse when there's a lot of people on lol. This is another thing I've been trying to look at improving. Eventually when I finish my masters, I'm moving to a VPS. Should speed things up a bit.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 12 2017 2:11 PM
TheGhostOfCivilization_2.0: It's pretty similar. Did you get my message when you joined the site? You can check your inbox here: http://www.edeb8.com/message/inbox
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
TheGhostOfCivilization_2.0
By TheGhostOfCivilization_2.0 | Jun 13 2017 2:34 AM
admin: Alright, thank you.
COVFEFE CONFETTI!!
CosmoJarvis
By CosmoJarvis | Jun 14 2017 2:08 AM
#DDORaid2017
Tree of Death
By Tree of Death | Jun 14 2017 1:22 PM
Hey look it's broken again!
TheGhostOfCivilization_2.0
By TheGhostOfCivilization_2.0 | Jun 14 2017 1:53 PM
Tree of Death: Yep XD *sigh*
COVFEFE CONFETTI!!
dee-em
By dee-em | Jun 18 2017 2:14 AM
It seems to be down yet again.
Wylted
By Wylted | Jun 18 2017 2:33 AM
Forever: 5
Wylted
By Wylted | Jun 18 2017 2:34 AM
The Girl With No Identity: I don't know, but it is a better site with a responsive host and more features. So kinda silly, but people are stubborn and nostalgic
Wylted
By Wylted | Jun 18 2017 2:36 AM
admin: Just delete the polls section which everyone hates and should be a separate site on it's own and the problem fixes itself right?
TN05
By TN05 | Jun 18 2017 3:40 AM
Wylted: Problem is they make all the money off the polls.
Subutai
By Subutai | Jun 18 2017 3:52 AM
TN05: How much money do they make off the polls section? At least lately, the polls section has seemed deserted and the number of bugs there is much greater and much more debilitating compared to the rest of the site (when the site is actually up of course).
TN05
By TN05 | Jun 18 2017 3:54 AM
Subutai: It's either polls or opinions. Voting in general makes way more money than the forum and debates.
Subutai
By Subutai | Jun 18 2017 3:57 AM
TN05: Activity in both is abysmal, and I think that opinions section is plagued with bugs on a comparable level to the polls section as well. How do those trash heaps (which weren't even good before bugs became rampant on the site) generate the most income?
Wylted
By Wylted | Jun 18 2017 5:31 AM
TN05: If the option is a completely non functional site and no polls, the obvious choice is no polls . The site isn't even up right now. I think they would see the site go offline permanently than delete the polls
Wylted
By Wylted | Jun 18 2017 5:50 AM
I wanna nominate this thread or some other thread on edeb8 to the DDO hall of fame.
Thumbs up from:
ProgressiveforLife
By ProgressiveforLife | Jun 18 2017 7:11 AM
I'm on DDO
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2017 8:12 AM
Wylted: Not necessarily. The problem is maintaining a site with high traffic and TONS of growing data indefinitely. It's so easy for that architecture to break down. I'm not even sure that Juggle ever got around to upgrading many of the systems from the Classic ASP they were originally written in.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 18 2017 8:13 AM
TN05: Bear in mind, the site was profitable prior to the introduction of polls and opinions.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 1234Most Recent