EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

EDEB8 Transformation

< Return to subforum
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 11 2017 4:33 PM
Hello! Before explaining this thread, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Brandon, and I have just recently become part of this server. I do enjoy being on EDEB8, and I think this would be a permanent place for my debates. The community here seems to be very interconnected and very nice. So, now that I have finished welcoming myself, I would like to explain this post. Now, I, as many others, have noticed some flaws in the community of EDEB8. It doesn’t seem very “debate”-like, instead it seems like a place for people to simply pretend to debate. But debating is a serious thing in the world, that allows ideas to be shared, and especially in the current society we live in, this should be praised and be allowed to develop continuously. So, this thread will be dedicated towards many updates that I will provide towards the site. Of course, I cannot change the software on this site, but I can start a flourish of change. So, soon, I will be posting things that I would like to “start” on this site, that would allow a sort-of “tradition” to begin on this site. So, I am causing change, that will help flourish the advancement of this small community.
Thumbs up from:
Stay Pasta!
Remember to get your daily nutrients at the dinner table of debating.
Politics rule, pasta rules, debate rules!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 11 2017 4:39 PM
Pasta Debates: How are we simply "pretending" to debate?

You are not going to suddenly drastically change this site by your ideas, not gonna happen, unless you somehow convince the mod(s) of this site, which is much unlikely.
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 11 2017 4:44 PM
Bi0Hazard: What I am stating is that the debating is not that serious. And I am not going to drastically change the site. I do not have that power. I will simply present ideas, that people can adopt to be able to use to take this site more seriously. If you do not agree with my ideas, then you don't adopt them.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 11 2017 4:44 PM
So, first I would like to begin with the debate tab of this server. For every week, I will post a topic, that would be called Week #[number], and the topic will be something ranging from the arts, to raw politics. Anybody who decides to debate this topic can simply post the link in the thread showing that there is a current debate happening. Then, after this, the topic will be debated, and all rules are up to the debaters. Once they are finished it goes into judging.
Thumbs up from:
Stay Pasta!
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 11 2017 4:47 PM
Pasta Debates: Are you that person that made around 12 accounts on this site, deactivating each of them in a row?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Feb 11 2017 4:51 PM
Pasta Debates: What I am stating is that the debating is not that serious.
What makes you think that?
admin
By admin | Feb 11 2017 7:26 PM
Pasta Debates: So I do like the general idea you're presenting here. I must agree that I think most people here do take debate seriously, but anything to help the community is of course much appreciated :)

If you COULD change the software, what would you change?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 12 2017 5:09 AM
Bi0Hazard: No, I don't even know who that is in the first place. That seems a little stupid for a person to deactivate 12 accounts. I am completely new to this site.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 12 2017 5:10 AM
Bi0Hazard: I feel as though people don't join as many debates. I think there are a ton of open debates that nobody takes part of. It's because there is such a small community that we need to revive the atmosphere.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 12 2017 5:14 AM
admin: I am not sure. I would probably include the idea that I presented. Making like a bar at the top of the debate page saying THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: (topic goes here). Much on this website is great, I just will use this page to create a foundation of ideas that people can adapt to.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Feb 17 2017 1:12 PM
Status Update: The Weekly Topic will be generated with a few links and a few ideas on this upcoming Sunday at 12:00 PM of United States Pacific Time. Please make your necessities accommodate your debates. Also, there will be a presentation of another idea to add into this website that will be posted at 10:00 AM on Monday! Thanks for all the support.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Mar 6 2017 9:05 AM
Hello everybody, as part of the transformation I will propose the following:

1. For the weekly topic, the winners will be put into a bracket if they would like to. So, the Weekly Topic will now become a tourney!
2. There will be monthly topics as well, but this will be a tournament.
3. There will also be monthly tournaments.
4. There will be separate forum thread topics based on the status quo.
5. There will be seasonal tournaments.
6. The monthly tournaments will have separate brackets for finals and etc.
7. League tournaments will also be present.

So, the change will include change in the weekly topic. Then in the forums, daily there will be a new thread post for people to express opinions. And finally, the tourney page will have the monthly topic tourney, a monthly championship (then those will move on to brackets), there will be seasonal tourneys, and the league tourney.
Stay Pasta!
Pasta Debates
By Pasta Debates | Mar 6 2017 9:06 AM
Pasta Debates: BTW, the monthly topic was inspiration from previous users.
Stay Pasta!
admin
By admin | Mar 6 2017 3:18 PM
Pasta Debates: Great to see this kind of thing going on
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Mharman
By Mharman | May 23 2017 3:30 AM
Necropost! (Darn it, this site made necroposting way less enjoyable.)
With Liberty and Justice for all!
admin
By admin | May 26 2017 2:11 PM
Mharman: Also because of the locking thing. Early on, preventing necroposts was seen as a major site feature for some reason.
Let's revive the forums!