EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

3000 forum posts

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jan 28 2014 6:12 PM
We did it everyone!
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 28 2014 6:50 PM
Yay! Now we should do some debates!
admin
By admin | Jan 28 2014 7:06 PM
nzlockie: I completely agree. *glares at all the people who owe him arguments*
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jan 28 2014 7:10 PM
Yeah! *glares as well*
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 30 2014 7:57 AM
admin: Uh, are you glaring at me?
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Jan 30 2014 8:19 AM
Pinkie: Yes
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 30 2014 8:44 AM
admin: Sorry, my computer deleted my arguments, haha. -_- How long do I have?
admin
By admin | Jan 30 2014 9:39 AM
Pinkie: 27 days

Use the save draft function.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 30 2014 5:05 PM
admin: Okay, thanks.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 5 2014 8:43 AM
Also note that the Save draft function seems to only work if you use Chrome. In fact everything on this site works better if you use Chrome.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 5 2014 9:27 AM
nzlockie: Oh, I'm using Google Drive, that should work.
admin
By admin | Feb 5 2014 6:30 PM
nzlockie: Really? Silly save draft button *mumble mumble* ... ok I'll fix it.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 5 2014 6:53 PM
admin: Its not a big deal, I found that copying and pasting from ms word works really well with chrome, not so much with ie - so I use chrome now.
I was going to nail down exactly what the deal was with the chrome vs ie save draft thing next time I had a chance. I think I saved it in one browser then thought I'd lost it all when I tried to open it up again later. Realised I was using a different browser, opened it up in the original one and it was back.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Feb 5 2014 6:59 PM
nzlockie: Sorry, to be clear, I had shut down the original browser after the save - its not like I had two browsers open or anything.

I wondered if it might a cookies thing?
I've noticed that some changes on the site take a refresh or two to come right, such as when you change your profile pic.
Today it took me several refreshes on different screens to get rid of that pony.
admin
By admin | Feb 5 2014 7:25 PM
nzlockie: The profile pic thing is a side-effect of caching. The site is configured in such a way as to tell your browser not to refresh any images unless it absolutely has to, which dramatically reduces load speed. Holding down the shift key while you refresh will almost certainly get the images to refresh properly.

The save draft button only works on the same browser, that's right. It isn't actually stored on the server at all but in an html5 storage object, which is kinda like a cookie but more suited to that kind of data.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 6 2014 7:36 AM
nzlockie: You could have just kept the original.......
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Feb 6 2014 7:36 AM
nzlockie: You could have just kept the original.......