EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

A cry of desperation

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 23 2015 11:13 PM
Several times you've said you'd get total support for an idea, and several times I have proven you wrong.
It doesn't count if it is just you and NZlockie. I feel like I can generate more discussion on the forums than on the feature request tracker.

Since you are giving me the smackdown though, I'll make a feature request right now.

No
Okay, then somebody better tell me where all the debaters are.

Yeah. The vast majority of domain names related to debate were bought up a long time ago by investors who will only sell for a giant price. edeb8 was convenient because using the 8 both shortened it, made it memorable, and made it available, since few such investors think in terms of numbers standing for letters.

If there isn't a copyright on the name E Debate spelled out, I suggest making that the full name of the site on the homepage and in other places. It essentially means the same thing as Edeb8.

Differing domain and site names to help seo? Quite the opposite. I've always found the more closely the domain links to site titles, the stronger a site ranks overall.
I'll take your word for it. I assumed having the world debate plastered everywhere instead of Edeb8 would help people find the site when searching with the tag 'debate'

I have a feature tracker that proves otherwise.
Uh, only two people voted on that to my knowledge. I'd reckon I asked about fifteen people altogether about it. Let's face it, the site is dead activity wise. Nobody is there to vote on features.

Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 23 2015 11:15 PM
Also, it would help if there were paths to the feature tracker outside of the sitemap. It seems that the Feature Tracker is more important than groups atm, so it should definitely be on the header.

admin
By admin | Jul 23 2015 11:30 PM
Blackflag: Since you are giving me the smackdown though, I'll make a feature request right now.
Woot!

Okay, then somebody better tell me where all the debaters are.
People come around here, it's just a struggle to get them to actually participate.

Uh, only two people voted on that to my knowledge.
Would it help if I put vote counts in there somewhere for "number of users who have voted on this feature"? I was thinking of making the list sortable by different criteria anyway, so, there's something to think about.

Also, it would help if there were paths to the feature tracker outside of the sitemap.
My profile ;)

I thought about throwing it on the footer at one stage. Decided the footer was kinda clogged I think. Might reconsider.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Wylted
By Wylted | Jul 24 2015 2:05 AM
I'd come here more often if it weren't for the fact that one particular person tries to completely control the culture of the site. At DDO, it's easy to avoid trolls, but here trolls (or people who have aspergers and literally can't shut up about petty things), kind of control the culture of the site.

I've literally had like 10 people PM me and say one particular individual and their overbearing presence is why they avoid the site. Participation in this site would take a couple of months to get there but shoot up about 2000% (so 20 additional people participating), if this individual would either quit having an overbearing presence or if they actually just left.

I do think said person (who's name will remain unmentioned) is incapable of changing to stop having an overbearing presence, due to a psychological disorder. Said person will also not likely get banned, because they don't technically break any rules, they're just incapable of seeing their own poisonous effect on the site as a whole.
Thumbs up from:
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 24 2015 8:34 AM
Wylted: I'm not that bad.
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Jul 24 2015 8:35 AM
However, I'm willing to leave this Site for 2-3 weeks if it boosts participation.
The Redneck
By The Redneck | Jul 24 2015 12:25 PM
Dassault Papillon: Yeah, he's a dik sometimes
admin
By admin | Jul 24 2015 1:40 PM
The Redneck: Watch your language.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jul 24 2015 1:41 PM
The Redneck: Also, what happened to your WODC debate from this round?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jul 24 2015 5:51 PM
The Redneck: Lol, he's your brother, right
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jul 24 2015 7:45 PM
Blackflag: Lol, grey and orange are my business colours!

Poor me...
The Redneck
By The Redneck | Jul 24 2015 11:25 PM
admin: My opponent didn't accept in time. I filled out the stuff and he didn't. I think it was mentioned on the thread. Should be the second forfeit against me if I'm not mistaken
The Redneck
By The Redneck | Jul 24 2015 11:25 PM
Blackflag: Yep
The Redneck
By The Redneck | Jul 24 2015 11:26 PM
@Wylted stays on DDO and I stay on here. We agreed not to cross paths, accept for on the WODC.
admin
By admin | Jul 24 2015 11:31 PM
The Redneck: Oh, right.
Let's revive the forums!
Page: 12Most Recent