EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Feature request notifications

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 4:57 PM
Just a post to say these exist now. You can go to your settings > notifications. I've put in a lot of code / testing to ensure that you never get more than one notification per event. In addition to these new settings, you can also get notifications through at-tagging on feature request comments.

These relate to the new features section available here if you haven't seen it already: http://www.edeb8.com/feature-request
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 30 2015 5:14 PM
admin: This should be defaulted on. I understanding you might be wanting to avoid bombarding us with notifications, but I think that working through these feature requests should be like jury service - something we do because we're part of the community.

We can always turn it off of it gets annoying... Say if some members make 12 new requests per day.
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 5:17 PM
nzlockie: I *think* they are defaulted on. Were they not on by default for you? The only one which I remember making default off was the "new feature request posted" one, because I really want to avoid sending mass emails by default to (almost 400) users who, in all likelihood, are inactive. Plus sending almost 400 emails every time would suck for this server.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 30 2015 6:18 PM
admin: Yes, except for that one, they are all on by default.

I understand the reasoning for that, fair enough.