EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

How to request a feature or send a bug report

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 6:10 AM
There is now a new system in place for all features and bug reports.

http://www.edeb8.com/feature-request

Put everything there. Vote for your favorite features & things you want me to notice. Enjoy.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 6:16 AM
The reason for this:

For the last little while I've had to spend upwards of an hour each day sometimes just arguing about features in chats. It's annoying as heck, especially when it's always the same few users doing it. In addition, popularity of ideas measured by forum threads is getting just a little out of hand. This should be a much better, simpler system for tracking everything that (I hope) will save me a lot of stress and give you guys a greater level of control in the long run over what you really want to see here.

I've put up some of the key things I can think of that people have suggested lately already, so cast your vote on those.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 30 2015 6:23 AM
admin: Ah, sweet
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 30 2015 6:35 AM
@admin - Actually that is a pretty terrible place for bug reports. Voting to fix a bug, lol. Bring back the bug thread.
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 6:38 AM
Blackflag: Previously I was keeping all my "to-dos" for edeb8 on a text file on my computer. Now my to-dos shall be here. Of course I will still prioritize bug reports regardless of voting (if they are, in fact, valid reproducible bugs).
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 6:51 AM
Going to bump this thread for a while so people other than just stag and me see it
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 30 2015 10:51 AM
This is very cool. I like how it reorders itself.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 30 2015 1:27 PM
I just got 57 notifications related to the new feature wall. They all said I'd been tagged in a feature request.

Pretty sure this is a big of some sort since I can't see that I've been tagged in any of them.
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 1:38 PM
nzlockie: Hey -

It should say something like this:
"You have been tagged in a comment on the feature 'X'."
... except instead of "X" it'll have the name of a feature. Can you tell me which one it was?
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | May 30 2015 1:41 PM
admin: Yep, that was the one!
There were 57 of them. Im sorry I didn't actually pay attention to which ones there were, as soon as I recognised them as being the features I just closed the box.

Earlier, I had posted one new feature and voted on several more. (But not 57 of them!)
I also commented on a couple.
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 2:11 PM
nzlockie: Over 300 test notifications later...

Fixed! Thanks for the bug report! :D
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 2:13 PM
admin: Oh wait, hang on, maybe it isn't...
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 30 2015 2:22 PM
admin: Yip, definitely is fixed. Sorry, got myself confused about when certain notifications were sent.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | May 30 2015 3:12 PM
nzlockie: I had the same problem
fire_wings
By fire_wings | Aug 8 2016 7:50 AM
bump
I am Fire_wings
Povski
By Povski | Jan 18 2018 9:54 PM
admin: When will these requests be granted or refused, and then be removed from the list?

I see there are a few requests which have 7 or more net positive votes. And some have 4 or more net negative votes.
admin
By admin | Jan 19 2018 8:24 AM
Povski: I don't really have an exact timeframe for anything. Basically I grant a request if I start coding for it. That depends a lot on my coding availability. Since it's just me, some things could take a long time.
Let's revive the forums!
YeshuaBought
By YeshuaBought | Jun 3 2018 9:07 PM
May we please include links in our debates? I believe that debating is better when one can include outside sources for the judging judging process, please.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Jun 3 2018 11:27 PM
YeshuaBought: Hi! You are 100% correct. You can already do this. Check the link symbol from the tool bar along the top of your drafting screen. It’s the icon that looks a bit like an infinity symbol.

You can embed a link to almost anything.

Thumbs up from:
YeshuaBought
By YeshuaBought | Jun 4 2018 7:54 AM
nzlockie: Thank you.