EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Email issues

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Jan 16 2014 9:12 PM
I believe certain types of email that were being sent by the site are no longer being sent properly. I'm looking in to this.

If you have missed an email you think you should have received, let me know here.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jan 16 2014 10:25 PM
admin: Seems to be a delay thing. Emails are coming but very slowly. Looks to be a host issue.

Sorry about this folks :( but things should improve, and my code isn't at fault :)
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nolongeractiveuser
By nolongeractiveuser | Jan 16 2014 11:08 PM
admin: Ok.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 17 2014 8:09 AM
nolongeractiveuser: Okay.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Jan 17 2014 9:52 AM
I believe the delays are gone now.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 18 2014 10:08 AM
admin: Perfect, I noticed they are better.
admin
By admin | Jan 18 2014 10:11 AM
Pinkie: Yay. I wish I could afford a better host, but hey, I'm running this site super-cheap anyway.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 18 2014 11:08 AM
admin: It's understandable. We all know you're not Juggle. Anyways, DDO has bugs that haven't been resolved since the official bug page was opened.
admin
By admin | Jan 18 2014 11:21 AM
Pinkie: I know. Since I started EDEB8 Juggle has introduced 0 new features, only added ADs targeted to users. I'll be interested to see what other "improvements" they tout now. At least Juggle fixes maybe 50% of the bugs if enough users whine about them, but honestly they have several full-time staff - I'm just one guy working in my spare time between jobs. It's kinda sad.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Jan 19 2014 10:56 AM
admin: Yeah, it's sad, annoying, and lame. DDO sucks sometimes.